Site news

No school tomorrow!

Picture of Mandy Porrett
No school tomorrow!
by Mandy Porrett - Thursday, 22 September 2011, 4:32 PM

Please remember that school is closed tomorrow (Friday 23rd September). The teachers have an INSET day and will be busy working on ICT and portfolios.

I would also like to inform you that the security tag problem is still with us. We are expecting the company again on Wednesday when we hope they will be able to rectify the problem and activate a good supply of new tags for us. I really appreciate your patience in this matter, as I understand how frustrating it is not to have a tag.

There are still a few children that have not yet collected their new PE kits. Please come and collect these on Monday. Unfortunately we have run out of the age 5-6 hooded sweatshirts, but an additional order for this very popular size will be made next week. If your child needs this size please let me know so that I can add them to the list. (Please remember to label the PE kit as soon as you have it.) All children should wear their PE kit on the day that they have PE and bring a pair of gym shoes to change into when they are at the gym.

At the moment we have many children who are suffering from a sickness bug. If your child is sick during the night or in the morning before school, please do not send them into school. These bugs spread very quickly and would like to limit this as much as possible, and keep the BEPS community as healthy as possible. Thank you for your co-operation.

The Book Fair will be in BEPS next Thursday (29th September). As usual it will be open from 08.30 onwards and 10% of all the money raised will be given to the school to spend on books for the library. Each class will have the opportunity to visit the fair, so your child(ren) may like to bring in some money to spend. You are welcome to come and visit the fair during the day too.

I hope that you enjoy the weekend.

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett