Site news

UpDate

Picture of Nicola Claire
UpDate
by Nicola Claire - Friday, 7 December 2007, 5:49 PM

Hallo!

A hectic week! The Winter Fayre was a great success and raised e760 for the Tuobab Dialow school which is fantastic. Thank you all for coming and I hope that you enjoyed it.

The Class 5 shops have also been very successful. The Class 5 children have been running shops all week as part of their Unit of Inquiry - Our Shop. These shops were organised by the children, from coming up with their ideas, to producing business and marketing plans and shopping for the stock.

As many of you will have noticed our Xmas tree arrived this week, and we had a visit from St Nickolous on Thursday!

Could you please check with your child whether they need to bring in anything for the show on Monday, and if they do, help them to remember to bring it. A reminder: the Pre-School only perform once, on Tuesday morning at 10am.

There will be no swimming or PE on Monday. This is because we will be rehearsing in the theatre with all the children throughout the day, and BEPS Waterloo will be rehearsing their show in the gym hall at Waterloo There will also not be a Friday lunch-time French class as Miss Vermersch will be involved in the Waterloo show on that day.

Round the Classes

I am not doing a ‘round the classes’ this week as quite a part of the week the children have been involved in making items for the Winter Fayre and rehearsing for the Winter Concert. Next week’s UpDate will be the last of the term, and so I will feature the children’s outcomes from their various Units of Inquiry.

Have a good weekend!