Site news

Holiday time again.

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Holiday time again.
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 28 October 2011, 3:47 PM

It’s hard to believe that we have already reached the end of the first half term. It’s been very busy and there has been lots of learning and fun happening across the school. I think that we are all ready for the holidays and the chance to relax and prepare for the even busier half term that will lead up to the winter holidays.

There will be lots of events including the Winter Fair and the Winter Concert, and the children will start new Units of Work so learning will once again be happening at full pace.

Last Friday Class 5 shared their Power Point presentations about volcanoes in Upper School Assembly. I was very impressed with their knowledge and understanding. They were able to explain what all the complicated vocabulary meant and demonstrated great enthusiasm for their learning. They have set a very high standard for the rest of Upper School to follow.

The Class 3 Circus yesterday was excellent. There were jugglers, clowns, strong men and hula hoopers to name but a few of the acts, introduced by two fantastic Ring Masters. The children did a fabulous job and the show was thoroughly enjoyed by the audience and performers alike. I know that there are already some photographs on their website, so please check them out.

This afternoon Class 2 held their Toy Exhibition. The children have been learning about toys and designed and made their own. Watch out for them in the future, you could end of buying one of their designs in a toyshop or on the Internet!

There are still some plates from the Cake Stall on Saturday in my office. They do not have names on, so if your plate has not yet been returned to you, please come and collect it. Many thanks.

Pam Meisel one of the BEPS parents is performing in “Hello Dolly” with the Brussels Light Opera Company from 24th – 27th November. Apparently there is a price reduction for groups of 20 if they book together. Children will pay 5€ rather than 10€ and adults 15€ rather than 25€. For further information visit http://www.bloc-brussels.be/ If you were thinking of going, booking as a group will help you save some money.

The Brussels Sports Association has informed us that registration for Basketball is now open. If your child is interested in joining please visit their website at www.bsasports.org for more information.

Thank you for your support throughout the half term.
Enjoy the holiday.

See you all again on Monday 7th November.

Best Wishes.

Mandy Porrett