Site news

Cake Sale success! Information about forthcoming events

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Cake Sale success! Information about forthcoming events
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 25 November 2011, 4:56 PM

Thank you to everybody that supported the Class 1 Cake Sale yesterday. As a result of your generosity they raised the grand total of 280€. I will let you know as soon as possible what they will be using the money for.

I would like to tell you that on Saturday December 3rd Robin Nixon from Class 7H will be singing in The Children’s Charity Christmas Concert - Christmas in Two Hemispheres (The Baboons who live by the river and The Snowman). It will take place at Auderghem Cultural Centre, Bvd du Souverain 183, 1160 Auderghem. There are two performances, one at 2.30pm and one at 5.30pm. You can reserve tickets by e-mailing bxlsnowman2011@gmail.com or calling 02 662 1727. Tickets cost 15€ for adults and 12€ for children under the age of 14.

I know that Robin would appreciate your support and am sure that the concert will be well worth going to see. If you have any questions I am sure he will be happy to answer them.

As you know the photographer was in school on Tuesday. Once again he was very impressed with the children’s behaviour. Jenny-Ruth will send home the photographs as soon as they arrive we have been told that this will be in about two weeks.

You should have received a letter asking for your child to bring in a decoration for our Christmas tree on Friday 2nd December. This can be either a Christmas decoration, a decoration from their home country or a combination of the two. We hope that this will mean that our Christmas tree will reflect our community. All the decorations will be returned to you at the end of term.

The Winter Fair will be on Wednesday 7th December at 11.00 am. Leading up to this the children will be preparing items to sell and as usual the French team will run the White Elephant Stall. Please send in any of your unwanted good quality items for them to sell. They will be happy to receive donations of toys, games, household goods, jewellery, etc. Please bring your donations for the stall into school between now and Wednesday 7th and leave them next to the Lego table. Please do not send in second hand clothes or broken or damaged items. Thank you.

6J & 7H have identified a charity that we will be supporting this year, and all the money raised from the Winter Fair and the collection at the Winter Concert will be given to this. They will be informing you of the charity and why and how we will be helping it next week. It is fantastic to see the children taking responsibility for this and I know that they are already very motivated. Watch out for information, or talk to them to find out more.

I will let you know what has been happening in the classes again next week. In the meantime, have a great weekend.

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett