Site news

The Winter Concert is getting closer. Class 2 Cake Sale.

Picture of Mandy Porrett
The Winter Concert is getting closer. Class 2 Cake Sale.
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 9 December 2011, 5:46 PM

There is only one more full week of rehearsals before the Winter Concert. It is coming together very well, and the children are enjoying getting ready for the big day. Please encourage your child(ren) to practice their words and songs over the weekend, so that they are even more confident next week.

Tickets for the concert have been sent home to you today. As space in the theatre is limited you have been allocated two tickets per family. If you will not be using both of your tickets, please send them back to school so that we can give them to somebody who would like additional ones. Thank you.

You will have also received a letter from the PTA today informing you about how you can purchase a DVD of the event. If you would like to buy a copy please ensure that you have returned your form by Wednesday 14th December. The DVD will cost 15€.

The PTA is also holding a PTA Meeting on Wednesday 14th December. This will be at 09.00am and will be in my room. They will discuss the Halloween/Firework Party and new projects. Please attend if you can.

On Thursday (15th December) Class 2 will be holding their Cake Sale. Please support them by sending in some cake or cookies to sell or by bringing in some money to spend. I know that they will be grateful for your support. As you know they will be able to use the money they raise for a class project.

The information about clubs for next term has also been sent home. Clubs will start as soon as we come back from the holidays on Monday 9th January 2012. Please sign up as soon as possible. This will ensure that we can tell you if the club will be running or not by the end of term.

Unfortunately the Class 5 Delisweet Shop has now closed. I know that the Class 5 children loved running it, and the rest of the school loved buying from it. We will hear if it made a profit next week. I would like to congratulate them on the professional and enthusiastic way in which they ran it, they certainly were ‘Young Entrepreneurs’. Well Done!

Thank you for your additional support at this particularly busy time of year.

I hope that you have a good weekend.

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett