Site news

Summer Fair Fun and an Italian inspired Cake Sale this Thirsday

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Summer Fair Fun and an Italian inspired Cake Sale this Thirsday
by Mandy Porrett - Monday, 4 June 2012, 12:44 PM

Thank you to everybody that supported the Summer Fair on Saturday and helped to make it such a great success. Everybody looked fabulous in their 1970s outfits and this has raised awareness of the fact that BEPS will be celebrating its 40th Birthday during the next academic year. We always like something to celebrate!

I am sure that you would like to join me in thanking our dedicated PTA (and the ex BEPS families) that worked so hard to make the event a memorable one, we would not be able to do it without them. So many people helped with the tidying up at the end of the afternoon that school was back to normal in no time. Thank you to you all.

It seems as though as well as being good fun for everyone we also managed to raise lots of money too. As soon as I know the exact total I will share the good news with you.

Amalia and Elena’s Mum (Emanuela) approached me this morning to ask if we could call on BEPS’ generosity once again.

The BEPS Italian Community would like to hold a Cake Sale this Thursday (7th June), to raise money for the victims of the earthquakes that are affecting the region of Emilia Romagna, in Italy. As a result of continuous earthquakes 16,300 people cannot sleep in their homes anymore and their cultural heritage is also at risk.

In an attempt to raise some money to support these people the Italian community will bake and sell cakes and cookies. If you would like to help them, please bring your donations to my office on Thursday. I know that they will be very grateful for your support. The money raised will be sent to the Italian Red Cross and will be put to immediate use.

If you feel that you can support this Cake Sale, please do so. Thank you in advance.

We were so lucky with the weather on Saturday all it seems to have done since then is rain! Let’s hope there is some sun by Thursday.

Best Wishes.

Mandy Porrett