Site news

Another week has whizzed by!

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Another week has whizzed by!
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 8 June 2012, 5:38 PM

It is hard to believe that this time last week we were preparing for the Summer Fair, the time since then has flown by.

We have had a very busy week with report writing and printing in full swing. But we have also had some excitement too. Yesterday was the annual BEPS Talent Show and it was full of the most fabulous talent. You would not believe how much fun the audience and the entertainers had. Even the rain almost managed to stay away. Each performance was outstanding and the range of skills demonstrated was amazing. Well done to everybody that took part, and thank you to Ms. Ford and the teachers that helped her to organise the event. I can hardly wait for the 2013 version!

Following the Talent Show was the Cake Sale and your amazing generosity has resulted in a total of 518.62€ being raised for the Italian earthquake victims. I am sure that you would like to join with me in thanking the Italian community for organising this, and I know that they would like to thank you for supporting it so well. Once again we have shown how much we can achieve by working together.

Next week Classes 4,6 & 7 are going on their residential trips and so school will seem very quiet. I will keep you updated with their progress during the week, but a few more sun dances won’t go amiss!

I won’t be in school next Tuesday and Thursday ((12th & 14th June). On Tuesday I will be visiting Classes 6&7. This year they are going to a new venue in Butengbach in the Ardennes where they will participate in a range of sporting activities and excursions. Please visit the website for Worriken to find out more about what they will be doing www.worriken.be

On Thursday I will visit Class 4 at Flipper. This is a holiday centre for schools, situated in the Westhoek. The children will be experiencing a range of different activities including To find out more about Flipper, please visit their website: www.flipper.be

I know that they will all have great fun and will arrive home on Friday with a bag full of washing feeling tired but with plenty of stories to tell.

It will be very quiet in BEPS on Thursday as Class 1 will also be out visiting Planckendael Zoo because their Unit of Work is all about animals.

Next week I will fill you in with the learning that is happening during the last few weeks of the school year, but it’s back to reports for the moment!

Have a great weekend.

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett