Site news

Fantastic Olympic Fun

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Fantastic Olympic Fun
by Mandy Porrett - Tuesday, 26 June 2012, 5:18 PM

BEPS Olympics was great fun.

It started with a fabulous opening ceremony organised by Class 2 and supported by Class 4. The Olympic flame was ignited, the torch relay took place and the Olympic Cauldron was lit. This was followed by each of our four team captains taking the Olympic oath and a BEPS Olympic dance.

The sporting action followed, with Upper School heading to the bois and Lower School staying in the school grounds for a range of different Olympic based activities. After a well-earned snack Lower School headed off to the bois and Upper School stayed in the school grounds. Much energy was burnt and many points towards winning the House Cup were achieved.

After lunch the fun continued with relay games. The afternoon ended with the medal ceremony and Herge being awarded with the House Cup. A final whole school performance of the Olympic Dance ended a very successful day.

I hope that the children all enjoyed themselves as much as they appeared to be doing; they worked really hard all day and were a credit to themselves.

I am sure that you would like to join with me in thanking the teachers who were on the Olympic Committee who worked incredibly hard to organise this event, without their efforts this would not have been possible.

I would also like to thank all of you that supported us during the day and helped to make the day such fun.

Tomorrow morning it is Pre-school’s turn, as they will have their Sports Morning followed by an international snack. I am really looking forward to seeing them participate in their races and activities. They will begin with races in the playground at 10.30, please join them if you possibly can.

Let’s hope the sunny weather continues.

Have a good evening.

Mandy Porrett