Site news

The start of school is only a week away!

Picture of Mandy Porrett
The start of school is only a week away!
by Mandy Porrett - Wednesday, 29 August 2012, 3:20 PM

It’s hard to believe but this time next week school will have started again. I hope that you are enjoying the last few days of the holidays. Here at BEPS it is a hive of activity. The building is being cleaned both inside and outside, teachers have started to arrange their new classrooms and Fun Club children are bringing fun and laughter back into school.

It will be great to see everybody again next week and to be able to welcome the new families into our community.

In the meantime we would like to remind you that the date for registering for hot lunches in September has passed. If you would like your child(ren) to have hot lunches they will now have to wait until October to start. Please complete the form (you can find it on the Secretary’s Desk for Parents on this website) and return it to Jenny-Ruth so that she can arrange this for you.

You will also find enrolment forms for Garderie there. If you would like your child(ren) to join Garderie, please complete the form and return it as soon as possible. Unfortunately children that have not enrolled for the service will not be able to use it. Garderie will start on the first day of school (Wednesday 5th September), as it is a Wednesday and a half day your child(ren) will need to bring a packed lunch with them. Wednesday Garderie ends at 15.00.

On the other days of the week it ends at 18.00. Your child(ren) should bring a healthy snack to eat with them if they are staying in Garderie after school.

I would also like to take this opportunity to tell you that Jenny-Ruth (our secretary) will be running in the Great North Run in Newcastle in the UK on Sunday 16th September. She is running in aid of the British Heart Foundation, and is trying to raise at least £500 for her chosen charity. The BEPS direction will be among the people sponsoring her and I am sure that we will all be supporting her and wishing her well. If you would like to sponsor her and to help her on her way to reaching her target you can do so by visiting www.justgiving.com/Jenny-Ruth-Walder. I know that she will appreciate your support. Thank you.

If you have any questions or if we can help you in any way before school starts, please remember that we are here to help.

See you all soon.

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett