Site news

The first two and a half days of the school year are over and they have been great!

Picture of Mandy Porrett
The first two and a half days of the school year are over and they have been great!
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 7 September 2012, 4:45 PM

I would like to take this opportunity to officially welcome all the new children and their families to BEPS. I hope that you are settling in well and feeling welcomed. I would also like to welcome back all the other children and their families. It’s always lovely when the school is full of children once again.

It has been great catching up with everybody and hearing about their holidays and all the fantastic experiences that they have had over the summer. We would like to be able to share our holiday memories with each other and so are asking for you to send in a photograph from your holiday, which we will put on the photo screen in the entrance hall. If you would like to do this please e-mail your photograph (a maximum of one per child please) to either Jenny-Ruth or myself and we will have them up and running as soon as possible.

Talking of photographs - if you haven’t been in to school and seen the lovely photograph that the PTA took during the BEPS Olympics you need to do so. It is hanging on the wall on the stairs (and you have a lovely view of it when you are standing on the landing). It is a wonderful memory of a great BEPS event, and I am sure you will join with me in thanking the PTA for giving it to us. Please drop in to see it next week.

As you should already be aware we are holding our Welcome Evenings next week. We hope that you will be able to join your child(ren)’s teacher to learn everything you need to know about their class and the year ahead. They are taking place on:

Tuesday 11th September

18.00 Lion’s Den

Thursday 13th September
18:00 Lower School (Classes 1 – 3)
18:45 Upper School (Classes 4 - 7)

This is really an evening for adults, and we will appreciate it if the children can stay at home on this occasion. Thank you for your support in this matter.

If you have not yet returned your forms for joining after school clubs for the Autumn Term, please make sure that you do this on Monday. Clubs will start on Monday and teachers need to know who will be participating in them. The forms can be found on our website on the Secretary’s Desk for Parents. If you are also still considering the option of using the school bus service you can find information about and the contact details for this in the same place.

I know that learning, in its many shapes and forms, has already been taking place across the school and this time next week I will be sharing news of some of this with you.

In the meantime, enjoy the weekend and make the most of the sunshine. I look forward to seeing you all again on Monday for a full week of learning and fun.

Best Wishes.

Mandy Porrett