Site news

Computers at BEPS Website

Oscar
Computers at BEPS Website
by Oscar Guerra - Tuesday, 2 October 2012, 12:09 PM

Dear Parents,

I would like to introduce you to the computers at BEPS website. This website is aimed at sharing with you the children's work in the computer room.

At this moment the website contains the work from last year. I decided to leave it so you could take a look at the type of projects that will be done by your child this year.

Moreover, there is a collection of resources and links to activities that could be performed at home.

By the end of the term, I will erase the links to last year's work and start putting this school year's projects.

As a little preview: Class 1 are developing their mouse skills, Class 2 are sharpening their drawing skills, Class 3 are learning to administer their files, Class 4 are doing some web research for images for a map of Belgium (they were introduced to Google Earth early in the year), Class 5 are working on their first PowerPoint presentation ever, Class 6 are creating an original story with original illustrations and Class 7 have just finished a Comic and are starting a project that requires a good deal of Excel and maths skills.

Suffice to say, all this work is following closely the learning that occurs in the classroom; as I like to say, at BEPS we don't teach computers in isolation, we teach how to use computers to help children with their learning.

Enjoy!

Oscar

PS: Direct link to the website:

http://www.beps-online.com/course/view.php?id=59

Computers at BEPS