Site news

The Half term holiday is here.

Picture of Mandy Porrett
The Half term holiday is here.
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 26 October 2012, 4:08 PM

The half term is over and lots has been learnt and enjoyed.

The PTA have asked me to let you know that they raised approximately 4000€ by running the Halloween/Firework party this year, although there are still some outstanding bills to pay.
This is a fabulous amount of money and is due to the hard work and generosity of the whole of our community. Thank you.

Your generosity continued and thanks to you all, the Class 6 Cake Sale raised 289€ yesterday. This is another amazing result, and I know that they will put the money to good use. Thank you again. They were out on a field trip on Wednesday and I know they are looking forward to going on more during the year.

Class 4 were also out yesterday and had a fantastic time at the chocolate factory. We were treated like royalty and saw more than we could ever have hoped for. Both of these trips and many others are only possible due to the generosity of and support from parents. Thank you to everybody that joins us on these trips and supports the teachers and children in so many different ways. It is always appreciated.

The Circus was in BEPS again this week. Class 3 astounded us with their circus skills and entertained their parents and the other Lower School Classes (and 4D managed to sneak in too!). They were amazing and we and held our breath, applauded and laughed in equal measures.

Now that this half term is over we have the next one to look forward to. It will bring many more celebrations and events for us to enjoy. We are already preparing for our Winter Concert because as you already know, it is much earlier this year then it has been in the past. Make sure that you have Tuesday 4th December marked in your diary. The concert will take place during the morning and usually happens at about 10.30 am. More information will follow.

In the meantime, enjoy the holiday, rest and relax, because next half term will be busy once again!

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett