Site news

Theatre fun and another successful Cake Sale.

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Theatre fun and another successful Cake Sale.
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 25 January 2013, 6:38 PM

The week started with two theatre performances by the ‘Titch ‘ theatre company. The Lower School enjoyed watching ‘Splish, Splash, Splosh’, which was all about the weather. The Upper School watched and participated in ’The History Mystery’, which was both educational and great fun. Both performances involved some custard pie throwing, and that always goes down well! Classes 6 and 7 enjoyed workshops with the actors following the performances.Thank you to the PTA for funding this opportunity, I know all of the children (and teachers) enjoyed themselves.

On Tuesday the Class 2 and Class 5 children experienced workshops run by Capsciences. These were organised by the French team. Members of the Capsciences team came into school and worked with Class 2 on their Unit of Work about the senses, running a workshop entitled ‘je sens et je goûte ‘. In Class 6 they linked to their Unit of Work about health and ran a 'regarde dans mon assiette' workshop. All of the children enjoyed these learning experiences, and I would like to thank the French team for organising them.

As you know, yesterday Class 3 held their Cake Sale. Despite the freezing conditions they raised a total of 166€, and so we must thank everybody who donated the fabulous cakes and cookies and came and bought them, as well as saying a special thank you to the people who braved the cold conditions to sell them.

Class 1 have been 1 teacher short since the beginning of term, when Jessica Hamelin had to leave us very suddenly to go on maternity leave. I am, however, happy to inform you that we have now found a replacement for her. Ms. Jessica Lipscomb who is an experienced Early Years teacher, will join Class 1 on Monday. Please join with me in welcoming her into our community.

Your child(ren) should have brought home a Carnival Fun Club information leaflet and form today. This will run from Monday 11th February until Friday 15th February from 09.00 – 15.30. A copy of this form can also be found on our website on the Secretary’s Desk for Parents. Please ensure that you enrol as early as possible to secure a place.

Jenny-Ruth would like to remind you that there are still some outstanding payments for photographs. If you have not already paid, please will you do so as soon as possible. She will be sending individual reminder letters next week if she has not received your payment. Thank you.

Please remember that on Thursday (31st January) we will be celebrating BEPS Book Day. We are hoping that as many children as possible will come to school wearing exciting hats and socks in recognition of Dr. Seuss and his books such as ‘The Cat In The Hat’ and ‘The Fox in Socks’. In Upper School Assembly this afternoon the children managed to come up with more than thirty titles written by Dr. Seuss and they are all looking forward to a fun day on Thursday.

I have been lucky enough to be working with Class 7 this week, and have had a great time doing so. I am sorry if I have not seen as much of you all as I usually do, but it has been very busy since we came back from the holidays. Let’s hope that things quieten down a little bit next week.

It seems as though the snow might be disappearing soon and that the temperature will be rising. I am sure that the adults will all be happy about this, even if the children aren’t!

Have a great weekend, and see you all on Monday.

Best Wishes,

Mandy Porrett