Site news

Yet another successful Cake Sale

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Yet another successful Cake Sale
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 22 February 2013, 6:52 PM

It is great to see everybody back again after the holiday. However, it was unfortunate to hear that lots of people were unwell during the break and as there appear to be plenty of germs around school everybody needs to look after themselves.

I would like to thank everybody that supported the Class 2 Cake Sale yesterday. As always, you were extremely generous and as a result they raised 240€. I know that they will put the money to very good use, and will tell you how they spend it. A special thank you goes to the people selling the goodies for braving the cold weather conditions!

This half term is going to be busy with lots of special events taking place.

Class 6 will be having their Fairground Exhibition on Monday 4th March at 15.00. I have already caught sight of some amazing creations in their classroom, and am looking forward to hearing how they work and finding out more about them.

The Book Fair will be in school on Tuesday 5th March, giving us all the opportunity to buy some new books, or to see the new titles that are available.

As you are already aware we will be celebrating World Maths Day on Wednesday 6th March. The children from classes 3 – 7 have their log in information for the World Maths Day competition website and are already busy working on improving their scores. On the day itself we will be celebrating Maths in lots of different ways, with a particular emphasis on the number 40, as this is a significant number for us this year!

Class 3 will have their Houses Exhibition on the afternoon of Tuesday 12th March. I know that they are looking forward to this part of their Unit of Work and I am looking forward to seeing their achievements.

By now you should have received your appointment times for your child(ren)’s Student Led Conferences. These will take place on Tuesday 19th March. Please confirm your appointment times as soon as possible and let us know if siblings will need to be looked after in the attic whilst you are attending their brother or sister’s appointment. If you have attended this event before, you will know that it is to see how your child learns whilst they are at school, and to celebrate their achievements. For those of you that wish there will be the opportunity to have a Parent/Teacher Consultation after school the following Tuesday (26th March).

Class 1 will have their Cake Sale on Thursday 21st March, and so that is yet another thing to look forward to.

There will then be one last event before we break up for the Easter Holiday. Unfortunately last year saw the final BEPS Egg Drop, but we will be having another event in its place. You will be informed about this very soon, but just to give you a hint - you will need to be creative! Make sure you are free on Wednesday 27th March.

Class 3 have already been on a trip this week. They went to visit the Atomium and can tell you many fantastic facts about it. There are some photographs of their trip on the screen in the Entrance Hall, please come in and see them.

Class 5 have a trip to the Science Museum planned for Thursday 21st March and the Pre-school children will be off to the farm on 26th March.

The Class 7 children will be starting to plan for their Exhibition, which is another event not to be missed, they will need everybody’s support so we will keep you informed about this.

So, as you can see there are plenty of plans already in place, but I am sure that some other things will crop up too.

Next Friday I will let you know what learning is happening across the school, and I know that as always there is plenty .

Have a great weekend and keep warm and well.

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett