Site news

Cake Sale profits, Earth Hour, Video footage, Photographs, Triple E and more!

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Cake Sale profits, Earth Hour, Video footage, Photographs, Triple E and more!
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 22 March 2013, 6:45 PM

The time has flown by, and once again I have to write that there is just one more week before we break up for the holidays!

Thank you to everybody that supported the Class 1 Cake Sale yesterday. It took me all my willpower to stop myself from sampling the cakes that were left in my room, and I know that the children were glad I resisted. As a result of your generosity Class 1 now have just over 225€ to spend on something for their classroom or to put towards a trip. I know that they will let us know how they spend it next term and that they appreciated your help.

Last week I told you that the Class 3 Houses Exhibition had been recorded in case some parents weren’t able to be there. The videos are now on the Class 3 section of the website, so please go and take a look at them. You will also be able to see photographs of our Student Led Conferences in the Pictures of School Events section. There are also more photographs on the screen in the Entrance Hall, so please come in and see them if you have the chance.

This afternoon Class 5 ran Assembly for Upper School. They demonstrated their learning about healthy eating through two songs and a play. They were all fantastic and we even had some exercise during one of the songs. The acting in the play was also excellent and demonstrated the importance of being able to communicate without using words too. I really enjoyed it, and by the applause at the end the other children did too. Thank you Class 5, Ms. Harper and of course Ms. Ford.

This week the Green Team and some of our EAL students have been encouraging us to switch off our lights, televisions, play stations and other electrical gadgets for an hour tomorrow, (Saturday 23rd March) at 8.30pm. This will be to celebrate Earth Hour. They have been thinking about things they can do in the dark, how we can look after our planet, and all the wonderful things the Earth provides us with. In the words of the Earth Hour campaign: “The one thing we all share is the place we live: it makes sense to look after it!” If you want more ideas about how to celebrate Earth Hour, you can Google 'WWF Earth Hour' to find them.

You should have received a letter about having the opportunity to order chocolates from Belgolicious today. If you are interested in taking the opportunity to do this please do so by placing your orders as soon as possible. You can do this by contacting Kurt Goossens at kurtgoossens@skynet.be 10% of the money made from chocolates sold to the BEPS community will be donated to Nativitas, so you will be doing some good as well as having some delicious chocolates.
Next week will be another busy week. On Tuesday morning the PTA are holding a meeting. This will take place at 09.00 in my office, please join us if you can.

On Tuesday evening we are holding Parent/Teacher Consultations for those of you that wanted to attend. Appointment times should have come home in your child’s Blue Bag earlier. If you have any questions regarding these, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Then on Wednesday it is the event we have all been eagerly awaiting “The Triple E”. All entries should be brought into school on Monday or Tuesday and taken to your child’s teacher to be given a special identification number. Luc has constructed an amazing catapult and is waiting to launch the entries with great anticipation. I am sure that you will all be very busy designing and building over the weekend, and would like to wish you all luck.

As Friday (29th March) is the last day of the term it will be half a day. School will finish at 12.30 and there will not be any Garderie. I know that some of you are leaving for your holidays earlier than that; if this is the case please can you inform Jenny-Ruth or your child’s Class Teacher. Thank you.

Finally, I would just like to remind you that the only items of jewelry that should be worn to school are watches, small stud earrings and necklaces that have religious significance. Please save other items for wearing at the weekends or during the holidays, as they are likely to get lost or broken at school. Thank you for your support in this matter.

I hope that you all have a lovely weekend, and that not too many eggs get broken during the design process!

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett