Site news

Goodbye to Jenny-Ruth and Welcome to Dominique.

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Goodbye to Jenny-Ruth and Welcome to Dominique.
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 3 May 2013, 4:44 PM

As you know today was Jenny-Ruth’s last day and we held a farewell assembly in the garden for her. We also used this as an opportunity to officially welcome her replacement, Dominique to our community. We are sorry to see Jenny-Ruth go but know that she will come back to visit us. I am sure that you join with me in thanking her for her dedication to BEPS and in wishing her the best of luck in her future. I am also sure that you also want to join with me in welcoming Dominique and in hoping that she soon settles into life at BEPS and quickly feels a part of our team.

Next week is another short week, with no school on Thursday or Friday (9th and 10th). On Monday Ms. Ford has organised two Music Workshops for the children and the PTA have generously agreed to fund these for us. I am sure that your child(ren) will tell you all about them on Monday evening.

Mayra Calvani, a storyteller will be joining the Class 3s on Tuesday to help them with their Unit of Work, which is all about stories. I know that some parents have been in to read or tell stories to them this week and I would like to thank them for giving up their time to do this. I know that the children love listening to stories and I was lucky enough to be able to go in ad share a story with them too.

The Pre-school teachers have asked me to remind you that if you arrive at school before the Pre-school children’s afternoon playtime has finished (3.15 p.m.) to please stay outside the gate. If you do come into the playground, please make sure that you close the gate behind you, as recently it has been left open, which puts the children’s safety and security at risk. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Finally I have been asked to tell you about a practice offering life coaching and psychotherapy to English-speaking expats in and around Brussels, which has been set up by some ex BEPS parents. A brochure regarding this will be on the notice board in the playground or you can visit their website www.therapyBXL.com. They are running a morning workshop for outgoing expats entitled ‘Happy Landings: How to achieve successful repatriation for the whole family’ at the American Women’s Club of Brussels on Friday 17 May, 10h-12h30 and would be happy for you to join them.

The sunshine is back again, and so make the most of the weekend.

Best Wishes,

Mandy Porrett