Site news

PTA Meeting, Last Cake Sale of the year and INSET Day on Friday 31st May

Picture of Mandy Porrett
PTA Meeting, Last Cake Sale of the year and INSET Day on Friday 31st May
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 24 May 2013, 5:47 PM

Another week has come to an end, yet it only seems a couple of days since last Friday. The time seems to slip by even more quickly as the end of the year gets closer.

The Summer Fair is fast approaching and I know that the PTA are still keen to find more volunteers. They are holding a meeting on Tuesday 28th May at 09.00 to discuss the event, and will be very happy if you can come and join them. Class teachers will also be asking you for your support very soon. As always if we all help a little bit, then nobody has to do too much. Thank you in advance for your support.

I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that school will be closed next Friday (31st May). This is because we have a Staff INSET day. The teachers will be in school on their own that day. That really is the last day off before the end of the academic year!

Next week three classes are going out on trips. On Monday Class 3 are going to visit Le Musée des enfants, on Tuesday Class 1 are going to the Water and Fountains Museum and on Thursday Class 3 are visiting the Magritte Museum. We will also be sending out further details about the Upper School Residential trips next week. This will include the list of items they will need to take with them, and the activities they will be involved in. These trips take place during the week of 17th – 21st June, and so school will be very quiet that week.

Finally next Thursday (30th May) will see the last Cake Sale of the academic year. Bear’s Cave have waited patiently all year for it to be their turn, and now it is. As usual the cakes will be on sale in the playground at the end of the school day. If you can help support them by bringing in some cakes or cookies for them to sell, or by bringing your 1€ coins to spend, they will be very happy. All the money they raise will be spent on their class. I look forward to seeing you in the queue!

Just before I finish, I must tell you that we had some very important visitors in Upper School Assembly this afternoon (and that wasn’t just the Class 3 children that joined us!). Many significant people from the past and present found their way to BEPS to introduce themselves and to tell us why they were significant. It was such a pity that the Class 4 children didn’t make it up to the attic to see them, as it linked so well with their Unit of Work. Let’s hope the other children will be able to tell them all about what they learnt!

Next week is sure to be another busy one, and so try and have a relaxing weekend.

Best Wishes.

Mandy Porrett