Site news

Summer Fair Total

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Summer Fair Total
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 14 June 2013, 5:12 PM

I am very happy to tell you that the PTA raised the grand total of 3150€ at the Summer Fair last Saturday. This is a fabulous result and I would like to thank you all again for your support, and the PTA for organising the event.

We had two other events this week. Yesterday the Book Fair was at school and due to the children’s love of books and reading it recorded the best sales ever made at BEPS. This means that the children have plenty to read during the holidays but that we also have lots of new books for the library too. We have already booked the dates for next years Book Fairs and so are getting very organised!

Then, in the afternoon we had the BEPS 2013 Talent Show. This was another fantastic event with a wide range of different talents on show. It is amazing when you see all the different things the children can do and how confidently they perform. If you weren’t able to join us, you won’t have missed out completely though as there are photographs of the event available on the website. I would like to congratulate all of the children that participated, and to thank the teachers who were part of the Talent Show team for organising it. Everybody really enjoyed themselves and wore their new BEPS 40th Anniversary caps with pride. It was a good job that the tent was still on the lawn as our anti rain procedures weren’t very successful.

After some initial chaos on Monday morning, next week will be much quieter than usual. This is because all of the Upper School children will be away on their residential trips. This means that I will also be away for the week, and so Ms. Birch our Deputy Head will be filling my role. If you have any questions or concerns during the week, please do not hesitate to contact her. She will also be out on Wednesday, as she will be visiting the Class 4 and 5 children for the day.

When the Upper School children arrive on Monday morning we would like them to take their bags into the garden and put them into the area marked with their class. This is to ensure that we take the right children’s luggage to the right destination. The children will then need to go to their classroom to wait for the bus to arrive. You are very welcome to stay to wave them off, but we may ask you to carry some luggage to the buses for us, so please be feeling strong. Thank you for your support.

We will keep you updated with information on how the children are enjoying themselves via the website. Despite a few first time trip nerves amongst the Class 4 children I think that everybody is very excited at the prospect of a week away.

If you have not already replied to tell us if you will be able to attend our 40th Anniversary Drinks Party on Thursday 27th June, please can you do so on Monday. We need to give numbers to the caterers and make sure that we have everything in place. If you know any ex BEPS parents that would like to join us, please ask them to let us know if they will be able to attend too. Thank you.

After a busy weekend last weekend I am looking forward to having the opportunity to recharge my batteries before heading off to Spa with Classes 6 & 7 on Monday. After going through the lists of everything the children should be taking with them and stressing the importance of labelling everything I think I have some serious packing to attend to.

I hope that all enjoy your weekend.

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett