Site news

Sports Day was enjoyed by all!

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Sports Day was enjoyed by all!
by Mandy Porrett - Tuesday, 25 June 2013, 6:49 PM

Despite some changes to the plans for Sports Day due to the overnight rain, we had a highly successful day. After our opening dance the children took part in eight different activities. These were an obstacle race, sack race, penalty shooting, basketball and target throwing, throwing and catching, skipping, a long throw and bench balancing. Large numbers of points were achieved for demonstrating these skills, whilst the children had great fun.

After lunch there were three further team games; balloon passing, tunnel ball and water carrying! The children joined in enthusiastically and supported each other very well. As the noise level became louder and louder, the scores became larger and larger and expectations became higher and higher! Everybody had a great time but this year it was Magritte’s turn to raise the House Cup at the end of the day. I would like to congratulate them, but all of the other competitors too. Taking part and having fun are the two most important things and I think we can honestly say that everybody did these.

The day ended with the presentation of the cup and another performance of the BEPS 2013 Sports Day dance.

I would like to thank everybody in the Sports Day Team for their hard work, the preparations they made for the day and for ensuring that the day ran smoothly despite the need for last minute changes. I would also like to thank everybody else that came along and supported the children during the day.

If you would like to see our 2013 dance in action, please join us for our Final Assembly on Friday morning when we are sure to find an excuse to perform it again!

See you all tomorrow.

Mandy Porrett