Site news

Classes for next year.

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Classes for next year.
by Mandy Porrett - Wednesday, 3 July 2013, 1:53 PM

The holidays are here, as is the eeriness that arrives when the children leave the building!
However, preparations for next year are already well underway and I am now able to tell you that we have finalised decisions regarding classes for the next academic year.

The majority of children from Bear’s Cave will be moving into Lion’s Den with either Hala and Katia or Susan. A list showing your child's class will be e-mailed to you.

The Lion’s Den children that are moving into Class 1 will be learning with Ms. Birch and Ms. Dias. They will be in the same classroom that Class 1 were in this year.

The Class 1 children who are moving into Class 2 have been split to make two Class 2s. There will be 2B learning with Ms. Bancroft and 2M learning with Ms. Mbida. If your child is going to be in Class 2 you will be receiving an e-mail to show you how the class has been divided and which teacher your child will be with. The Class 2s will be on the landing level next year, where the Class 4s were this year.

The Class 2 children that are now moving into Class 3 will all join together to make Class 3G. Ms. Guille’s classroom will be on the ground floor where class 5H were this year.

The Class 3 children that will become Class 4s have had to be put together and then re-split for next year. This was to redress the balance in the two classes. The Class 3 teachers made this split to ensure that the children’s best interests were met. Class 4D with Ms. De Weerdt will be right at the top of the school in what was Ms. Bancroft’s classroom, and Class 4J with Ms. Jans will be in the classroom just below them where 3G learnt this year.

Classes 4J and 4S will be moving further up the building when they are in Class 5. 4J will become 5J and will be learning with Ms. Jacques and 4S will become 5H and will be learning with Ms. Harper. Their classrooms will be opposite the Fiction Library.

5H will become 6W and will be in the classroom Class 7 were in this year (on the landing level) and will be with Ms. Wilkins.

Finally, Class 6W will become 7P with myself (Ms. Porrett). They will not have to change their classroom but will have Class 3G as new neighbours!

As you can see we are lucky enough not to have large changes in staffing next year. I am sure that all of the children will soon settle into their new classes and will have a productive year with their new teacher. All of the decisions that have been made regarding classes and teachers have been carefully thought through and discussed to ensure that the children’s best interests are being met. Thank you for your support and understanding in this.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the wonderful gifts, cards and kind words that I received last week. Although they really weren’t necessary they were greatly appreciated. I have many happy memories from this academic year and will be ready to start adding to these in September.

I hope that you are all going to have a fabulous summer and if you are have already left Brussels and started your holidays then you are very lucky as there aren't any signs of summer here today!

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett