Site news

The holiday is coming to an end! Hot Lunch Registration and Welcome Meetings

Picture of Mandy Porrett
The holiday is coming to an end! Hot Lunch Registration and Welcome Meetings
by Mandy Porrett - Wednesday, 21 August 2013, 1:50 PM

I hope that you are all enjoying your summer holiday; I certainly did, and am now feeling relaxed and ready for the beginning of the new academic year. BEPS is slowly getting back to normal. The work on the roof is almost finished and Luc has been very busy painting and completing all those jobs, which can’t be done when the children are in school. The cleaning team will be in from Thursday and so everything will be spick and span for the start of the new year.

I would like to take this opportunity to confirm that school starts again on Tuesday 3rd September at 09.00. As usual the doors will be open from 08.30 and I will be looking forward to seeing everybody again.

New students and their families are invited to come in to school on Monday 2nd September between 09.30 and 10.30 to meet their teachers and to look around the school again. These families will be receiving a Welcome Pack through the post within the next few days, and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

There will not be hot lunches during the first week of school, these will start on Monday 9th September. This means that everybody will need to bring a packed lunch for the first week of term.

If you would like to register your child(ren) for hot lunches, please note that you can find the form that you need on the ‘Secretary’s Desk for Parents’ part of our beps-online.com website. Similarly you will be able to find a Milk Registration form there. Please complete these and return them to Dominique as soon as possible, but preferably by Thursday 29th August. If you are unable to complete the forms please let her know if you are planning for your child(ren) to have hot lunches or milk. Thank you.

Garderie will start on the first day of school. If you wish to use this service your child(ren) must have been registered for it. However, clubs will not start until the following week (the week beginning Monday 9th September). Information regarding clubs will be available soon.

Welcome Meetings, which are held to give parents the opportunity to meet their child(ren)’s new teacher and to hear how the class will be learning will be held during the first week of term. The dates for these are:

Monday 2nd September 6.00 pm. - Bear’s Cave
Tuesday 3rd September 6.00 pm. - Lion’s Den

Thursday 5th September:
Lower School – (Classes 1 - 3) 6.00 - 6.30 pm.
Upper School – (Classes 4 - 7) 6.45 – 7.15 pm.

I am sure that there will be more information to share with you soon. In the meantime keep enjoying the holiday. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask, both Dominique and myself are back in school again now.

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett