Site news

We've had a great first week and can now look forward to many more.

Picture of Mandy Porrett
We've had a great first week and can now look forward to many more.
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 6 September 2013, 5:07 PM

It is hard to believe that it is the end of the week already. It was fabulous to see all the children back and so eager to learn again. The lovely weather has also helped us all settle back into life at BEPS quickly. I hope that all of the new children are happy in their new classes and that they are making new friends.

I would like to thank all of you that attended our Welcome Meetings this week. It is always very important to have close links between home and school and we hope that these meetings help to establish these.

You will have received information from the PTA about the first PTA meeting of the year today. This meeting will take place on Tuesday 10th September at 14.00. We are hoping that there will be lots of new faces at this meeting as we lost PTA members in June, and need to replace these. Please join us if you possibly can, but if not, please complete and return the form that is in your child(ren)’s Blue Bag telling us how you could help in the future. The PTA is always a team of hardworking and committed parents who are happy to support our school, and we appreciate everything they do for us.

I am very happy to tell you that the PTA are already showing their support by funding a concert for the whole school on Thursday (12th September). The Mr Marty Band will be here to entertain us all. We hope that the weather will continue to be good, so we will be able to enjoy this in the garden. I would like to thank the PTA and Ms. Ford (our Music teacher) for making this opportunity possible.

I would also like to bring another experience to your attention. This time it is for adults though. Aspria are holding a British Welcome Day at Aspria Royal La Rassante, Rue Sombre 56, 1200 Brussels on Thursday 12th September. You can find out more about the day they are offering on their website www.aspri.be/britishday It is particularly aimed at people who have recently arrived in Belgium, but I have been assured that all English speaking people are welcome, and so if you have been in Belgium for longer you are also invited. You can register on their website.

I know that all of the children have been working hard this week and that they have been busy showing their teachers what they can already do, to help teachers with their planning for the year ahead. I am sure that new Units of Work are going to be introduced next week and I look forward to sharing information about these with you next Friday.

Have a lovely weekend, rest and relax in readiness for another busy week next week.

Best Wishes,

Mandy Porrett