Site news

Thank you; because of you all we had a brilliant party. Pumpkin Prize Winners.

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Thank you; because of you all we had a brilliant party. Pumpkin Prize Winners.
by Mandy Porrett - Sunday, 20 October 2013, 1:06 PM

I hope that you all enjoyed the fabulous Halloween/Firework party yesterday as much as I did. I think that there were even more amazing costumes than there have been in previous years and some extra scary ones too. I hope that you didn’t have nightmares. Of course we were only able to enjoy ourselves so much because the PTA and all the volunteers worked very hard to make the event possible. I am sure that you would like to join with me in thanking them for all the hard work that they put into the evening.

I know that it is hard to believe but BEPS is now looking like a school again. The cobwebs have been removed, the skeletons are back in the coffin and there are no signs of tents or a bouncy castle in the garden. For this I must thank all of the people that came this morning to help tidy up after the party. There was a hive of industry and it really proved that many hands make light work.

Thank you for attending the party too, it wouldn’t be half as much fun if you didn’t come along to enjoy yourselves. Now we will have to start looking forward to the next BEPS event. I am sure that there will be one soon.

The PTA have also made sure that nothing has gone to waste and have donated the bread which was left over from the barbeque to a local charity which gives food to the homeless. I know that you will agree that this was a thoughtful idea.

The pumpkins, which are outside the front door, were greatly admired last night and I have seen passers by peering in to look at them too. After some very difficult but careful judging I am very happy to be able to announce the winners. It was decided that the same categories as last year should be used and the results are:

Scariest: Galadriel 7P Annabelle 5J

Funniest: Antoine 3G Noah 3G

Most original: Charlotte 5H James 2M Pierre Magnus (and his Dad) Class 1

Best Carving: Maddie 6W Tomas 5J Romain Lion’s Den Sara 2B

Cutest: Anna Lara 5J Viktoria 4D

Thank you to everybody that took part in the competition. If you weren’t a winner this time, maybe next time you will be lucky. Always remember that taking part is always far more important than being a winner. If you would like to take your pumpkin home, please take it at the end of school tomorrow, otherwise we will remove them. Thank you.

You can see photographs of all of the entries on the website, so please make sure that you go and have a look at them. I am sure that the photographs of the party will be there very soon too.

Now there is just one more week of school before the holidays. The time since September has flown, but I am sure that everybody will be ready for a break and will come back rested and prepared for the busy time leading up to the Winter Holidays.

Enjoy the last part of the weekend. See you all tomorrow.

Mandy Porrett