Site news

Our Winter Concert is tomorrow. Horta won the BEPS votes.

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Our Winter Concert is tomorrow. Horta won the BEPS votes.
by Mandy Porrett - Monday, 16 December 2013, 6:11 PM

We had a great rehearsal in the theatre today and are now really looking forward to sharing our performance with you.

The performance will start at 10.30 a.m. in Salle Dupreel, Avenue Jeanne (ULB). Please make sure that you are there on time so that you don’t miss any of the fun. When you arrive at the theatre it is very helpful if you make your way directly upstairs to the theatre. This is particularly helpful for the younger children who may find it difficult when you have to leave them.

There will be school after the performance, but if you wish to take your child(ren) home after the concert please make sure that you have informed their class teacher before doing so. This will ensure the safety of all the children. As always thank you for your support in these matters.

On Friday the Class 7 children made their election speeches in assembly. These were to persuade the children from classes 3-6 to vote for their house to become the leaders of BEPS. All of the speeches were fantastic and made it very difficult for people to be able to choose between them. I overheard many of the children asking if they could vote for all four houses, as they couldn’t choose which was the best.We gave the children the chance to vote for two houses, as we knew that otherwise they would just vote for their own house, and that would end up with all houses having the same number of votes. We counted the votes on this morning and were able to announce the results to the other classes this afternoon.

Although it was closely fought Horta were the winners. Their promises and suggestions were the ones, which appealed to the children the most. Despite having explained that these ideas would not really be put into practice some of the children still remain hopeful!

I know that many of you have already ordered your Winter Concert DVDs. If you have not done so I think that Kurt will have some forms in the theatre tomorrow, but that will be the very last opportunity to order copies. It will then be available when we return to school after the Winter Holidays.

I am looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and sharing another great BEPS experience with you all.

Don’t be late, or the best seats will have been taken!

Best Wishes.

Mandy Porrett