Site news

After the holiday!

Picture of Mandy Porrett
After the holiday!
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 7 November 2008, 3:21 PM

I hope that you all had an enjoyable and restful holiday last week. We are now settled back into school life, and preparing for another busy half term.

We are currently organising appointment times for our Parent/Teacher Consultations, which are taking place on Tuesday 18th November, and aim to send these to you on Monday 10th November.
A garderie will run during the evening, so please enrol your child(ren) in this if you need to bring them to school with you. They will have their opportunity to share their work and goals with you later in the year. The garderie will be in the attic.

On Thursday 20th November the photographers will be in school. Hopefully they will take some fantastic photographs of your children, which you will be able to use as gifts for your families and friends.

Class 6J will be visiting WIS, our Secondary school in Waterloo for a taste of life after BEPS. They will have the opportunity to experience Science and Art workshops on the 18th or 25th November.

Laura Ford, and the rest of the staff are now keenly preparing for our Winter Concert. The children will be learning all about this over the next couple of weeks, and no doubt you will be being asked for support with costumes and props. Thank you in advance for any support you can offer. More information on the concert will follow.

This afternoon we reintroduced our buddy scheme. Class 1 will be buddies with Class 4, Class 2 with Class 5 and Class 3 with Classes 6 and 7. The children all thoroughly enjoy this activity, and become very attached to their buddies.

All classes are embarking on their new units of work, and I was honoured to have been a guest at the Class 3 Celebration of Learning earlier today. The children all looked very smart in their outfits, and had a fantastic time celebrating their achievements. Next week I will update you on the Units of Work form all of the other classes. Many exciting events and inquiries will be taking place in all of the classes, and I am sure you will be interested to hear about these.

The Class 6 and 7 cake sale was very successful, and they raised a total of 185 Euros. This money will be spent by the class teachers on something special for their classes. Cake Sales for all the other classes will happen during the year.
Thank you for your support with these.

As you are aware next Tuesday (11th November) is a Public Holiday and school will be closed.

I hope that you have a good weekend.

Best Wishes,

Mandy Porrett