Site news

Holiday time!

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Holiday time!
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 1 July 2016, 2:32 PM

There is a rather eerie quietness around BEPS this morning. The children have left and staff are quietly tidying and tying up loose ends before their holidays begin, so it’s nothing like a usual Friday. However, before you all leave for your holidays we hope you will be able to find the time to read the last Friday newsletter of the year. After you have read it you may like to go and look at some photographs of the Early Years and Primary Sports Days. You can find these on the Photographs of School Events section of the website.

After the success of our Cake Sale last week we received this letter of thanks from Rafael

Dear Students, Parents, BEPS Teachers and Staff.

I would like to thank you for your support and your generosity.

You have shown how much you care for others. The money raised  through the cake sale as well as a generous donation from the school will surely help in our projet, there in Benin. 

A very special thank you for the amount of school furnitures collected. These will make a difference in some pupils school year from next September. 

We, "Le Verseau du Miroir" and myself with great joy, will present these furnitures to pupils.

It will be a great pleasure for me to be back at BEPS beginning of September. This will give me a chance to share with you all what will have been done with the funds raised. I might probably be back with  a movie and lots of pictures to share.

Until then, I wish you all a wonderful summer!

Regards,

Rifflet  Raphael.

Attached to this e-mail you will also find a letter of thanks from the PTA. After your generosity at the Summer Fair they raised a total of 1,400 Euros for the Blue Turtle Centre. Please read the letter to find out more.

This week was our last week of the academic year and it started with Class 3 enjoying an exciting trip to Planckendael zoo on Monday. Their enthusiasm, interest and great behaviour were a credit to them and their teachers. We would also like to thank the volunteers that joined them on their trip, we hope you had fun too. We wonder where the first trip of next year will take us?

On Tuesday the annual BEPS Talent Show took place. As usual it was crammed with talented children sharing their talents from magic tricks to guitar playing, with a whole range of other specialties in between. We would like to congratulate everybody that took part in the show, we were all amazed by your skills. We know you will join us in thanking Ms. Ford and all the people that helped her with the organisation and preparation for the show. We are already looking forward to next year’s show and know that some children are already thinking about their auditions!

On Wednesday everybody in the school was in a party mood. Class parties were taking place and there was lots of snacking happening. The children all had a fantastic time and were really in holiday mood by the end of the morning. After these parties, the staff all enjoyed a lovely lunch, which was prepared for them by the PTA. We all send our thanks to the PTA for this lovely treat.

Of course, yesterday was the last day of term. The rain managed to stay away so assembly wasn’t spoilt and the ice cream van made saying goodbye, just a little bit easier. You will have received your child(ren)’s reports and we hope that these will help you understand the progress your child has made during the year. Along with these was a list of the IPC topics classes will be following next year. If you are visiting your home country during the holidays you and your child(ren) may like to look for some books which will help support their learning in theses areas. We will add some extra information to this chart and post it on the Secretary’s Desk for Parents next week, so you will know what the units of work are about.

All that remains, is for us to thank all the BEPS children, parents and staff for a fantastic year and to wish you all very Happy Holidays.

We will send you information about the beginning of next year during the holidays.

See you in September, if not before.

Best Wishes,

The Leadership Team