Some important information we would like to share with you:
· Our Welcome Picnic is tomorrow (Saturday 17th). Please bring your blanket and picnic and come along to meet your friends and to make some new ones. This is always a fun BEPS event and makes a great start to the year. If you would like to bring something tasty from your home country to share with others, you are very welcome to. Even if the weather looks like being a little wet, don’t worry we have an alternative plan to being outside, so please still come along.
· On Sunday it is Car Free Day in Brussels. This means that the Brussels Region will be traffic free (except for those with special permits) and so it’s a great day to get out on your bikes and enjoy the fresh air.
· You should have received a letter from the PTA in your child’s Blue Bag today. It gives you information about their General Assembly, which will be held on Tuesday 27th September at 19.00.
· Please remember that we are now a Nut Free School. Class teachers will have given you more information about this in their weekly newsletters.
· Please ensure that you send all e-mails for Dominique to email@example.com Her old e-mail address is no longer available and should not be used anymore.
After writing to you last week we realised that we had some information that we have not shared with you yet. During the holidays some new toilets were installed in school. There is now an additional toilet next to the French room and those outside Class 4 have been replaced. The Upper School Library was also relocated into a part of the attic to allow for the additional classroom space that was needed.
This week clubs started again and the children are all enjoying participating in their new after school activities. Each class also practiced following the emergency evacuation procedure. This was to ensure that the children were aware of how to respond in such a situation and how to leave the building under these circumstances. They all took this very seriously and were able to move out of the school quickly and silently.
The week ended very happily with the first ‘Buddy Time’ of the year. The children were all very happy to meet their buddies and spent some time getting to know each other or to renew old friendships. We are sure they will be happy to tell you about what they did together.
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow at the Welcome Picnic.
The Leadership Team