Another week has come to an end, and as the invitations for the PTA Halloween party were distributed the children are very excited. There are the usual discussions about costumes and pumpkin carving, but still plenty of learning to take place before the big event.
· As you already know our first Parent/Teacher Consultations for this year are taking place on Tuesday 17th October. Please follow the link in your child(ren)’s class newsletter(s) to schedule your appointments. You should have received an e-mail from Dominique with the links for Specialist Teachers. The earlier you respond the more options for times will be available. If you have any problems, please let us know.
· This weekend is the last opportunity to sign up to join the BEPS International School Relay for Life team. Next week will be organising a timetable and asking you which times you will be able to run/walk or support us. Thank you, your support so far has been fantastic, but we will still be very happy if you can join us too.
· You may have noticed that the Class 4 children came in and out if school heavily laden today. This was because they held a Water Walk as part of their Unit of Work all about water. They wanted to find out what it is like having to walk to collect water just as many people across the world have to. They walked 2 km to collect 6 litres of water and then another 2 km to take it home. They found that it was really hard work, and now have a better understanding of how lucky they are to be able to turn on the tap. Ms. Hertay also showed them lots of photographs of people collecting water in different countries across the world and talked to them about these. It was a great experience and they hope to have raised more than 800Euros for WaterAid and so should be very proud of themselves, we certainly are. We would like to thank the parents that came to support and encourage them.
· Class 8 led Upper School Assembly this afternoon. They based it on their recent Residential Trip and everybody found it informative and fun. There was plenty of audience participation and we could see that they obviously enjoyed the trip and presenting their learning to us. We are sure the other children were very envious when they heard about everything they’d done.
· Next Wednesday (11th October) we will be celebrating World Maths Day at BEPS. Everybody in the school will be thinking about capacity and so there is sure to be plenty of liquid involved. Please remember to ask your child(ren) what they did during Maths Day next Wednesday afternoon.
Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th October – Relay for Life
Tuesday 17th October – Parent/Teacher Consultations
Saturday 21st October – Halloween Party
Monday 30th October – Friday 3rd November Half Term holiday (No school)
Enjoy the weekend.
The Leadership Team