Despite all the learning that has been happening this
week the main topic on the children’s minds has been Halloween. As preparations
have become more visible today the excitement has grown, and for many tomorrow
can’t come quickly enough.
· We can now confirm that Avenue Victoria will be closed from Monday 23rd October until the end of the month. This means that during this time you will be unable to park there and so will have to park at the front of school.
· We would like to thank you all for your support for the BEPS Relay for Life Team. The event was a great success and the weather was perfect. It was amazing to see how many of you managed to join them, and to cheer them on their way. At the moment, we have raised 2972 Euros. This is an amazing amount, but as it continues to grow daily we will keep you informed of the total.
· We are sure that you would like to join us in congratulating Simon (our P.E. teacher) on becoming a Father. He is very proud of his new daughter and we all look forward to meeting her.
· It was great to see so many of you on Tuesday for our Parent/Teacher Consultation Meetings. Teachers always find them very useful, and we hope you did too.
· We would like to say a special thank you to Sandrine, Nathan's mum for taking the time to join our Pre-School earlier today. She came to talk to the children about keeping bees. She showed the children photographs of beehives and some of the equipment she uses to take care of them. The children were also excited to see and touch some real honeycomb.
· As you may remember a few weeks ago Class 4 took part in a Water Walk. This was to give the children the opportunity to see what it would be like if they had to walk for and carry the water they need. They asked people to sponsor them for this event and yesterday, we transferred the 895 Euros they raised to WaterAid. This money is being sent to Bangladesh to support people who desperately need clean water. Class 4 would like to thank everybody that sponsored them.
· Tomorrow is the greatly anticipated Halloween Party. We would like to inform you that you will only be able to access the party through the front gate. As you know it starts at 17:00 and runs until 20:00.
· We finished the week with buddies. Class 4 showed their Class 2 buddies how a Tippy Tap works, other classes were making Halloween and autumnal decorations. Needless to say everybody had fun.
Saturday 21st October – Halloween Party (17:00 – 20:00)
Monday 30th October – Friday 3rd November Half Term holiday (No school)
Tuesday 7th November – Book Fair
Finally, we would like to offer our best wishes to any of our families that celebrated Diwali yesterday.
See you all tomorrow!
The Leadership Team