· Please remember that the clocks will change on Saturday night. This will mean that we can all have an extra hour in bed on Sunday morning!
· We are sure you would like to join with us in thanking the PTA for organising such a fabulous Halloween party last Saturday. The children are still talking about it, and trying to outdo each other as to who was the bravest when they went into the Spook Room! As usual the pumpkins and costumes were amazing and everybody enjoyed themselves greatly. Thank you to everybody who helped the evening go so well and to everybody that came and supported the event.
· You may have wondered why the class 1 children and their teachers hadn’t managed to get out of their pyjamas yesterday. They hadn’t all just woken up late, but were celebrating the Exit Point for their Unit of Work. If you’d like to know why they needed to wear pyjamas please ask them.
· Yesterday, Class 2 went off to visit a farm. As they are learning all about the different jobs people do. this was to find out what a farmer’s job involves. They had a very busy day and made bread, picked up potatoes from the field, rode on a tractor and had some close contact with farm animals too. They had a great time, learnt lots of new things and found out that a farmer does many different things.
· The Early Years had their monthly music and movement assembly this afternoon and it must have had a Halloween feel to it as there were lots of spooky costumes around school today.
· Upper School assembly was based on the story of ‘Iggy Peck, Architect’ by Andrea Beaty. The children identified many of the Personal Goals in this, including adaptability, communication, thoughtfulness and co-operation.
Tuesday 7th November – Book Fair
Friday December 8th – Winter Fair (more details will follow)
Wednesday 20th December – Winter concert (more details will follow)
We would like to remind you that the INSET Day for Monday 27th November was cancelled and replaced by one on Monday 8th January. Therefore, there will be school on Monday 27th November, but not on Monday 8th January.
Enjoy the holiday, and come back refreshed and ready for all the excitement the next half term will offer.
See you all again on Monday 6th November.
The Leadership Team.