Many things have been happening at BEPS this week, and we have seen how learning takes lots of many different forms.
· Yesterday, all of the children enjoyed the EQ Pop Up Festival. They loved the games and activities that encouraged them to think and talk about their emotions. This is a very important part of their learning and wellbeing and something that will be revisited regularly.
· Class 7 visited a water mill on Tuesday. The mill belongs to Mr. Dupuis and we would like to thank him for inviting them and explaining all about the way it works to them. This linked well with their Unit of Work about Rivers and gave them the opportunity to see how power can be created by water.
· On Wednesday, Class 3 and Class 8 listened to a very interesting presentation about life in a Swazi village. Mr. Khulekani Msweli, a Swazi artist and founder of the Vuvulane Orphans and Vulnerable Children’s foundation patiently answered their questions and helped them understand how they may be able to help. We would like to thank Mrs. Beretta for organising this opportunity for the children.
· Class 1 were amazed by what they saw at the ‘Dinosaur Museum’ yesterday. As we know, many dinosaurs were huge, but they must seem even bigger when you are only 4 and 5.
· Teachers were also learning this week, and enjoyed a Forest School training session to explore outdoor learning. They found this as much fun as the children do and were introduced to exciting ways of using the outdoor space to develop children’s understanding in different ways. They are looking forward to two more sessions later in the year with Ms Baker and Ms Moore.
· Class 3 are going to Mini Europe next week to investigate all the different kinds of buildings it has to offer.
· Friday December 8th – Winter Fair (more details will follow)
· Wednesday 20th December – Winter concert (more details will follow)
· Friday 22nd December – Monday 8th January - Winter Break (No school)
· Tuesday 9th January - School starts
Have an enjoyable weekend.
The Leadership Team