· Obviously the most important news of the week was the official announcement of the opening of a BEPS Secondary School in September 2018. You have all received an e-mail and a hard copy of this exciting information. Check the important Dates below to see when you can find out more about this venture.
· As of today, the area around BEPS, the University and Avenue Victoria has become a Blue Zone. This means that parking is limited to two hours and you will need to display the necessary parking permit.
· Thank you to everybody that supported the Class 3 Cake Sale this week. Your generosity and very tasty treats meant that they raised a total of 425 Euros for the Swazi Housing project. Class 8 also did a good job selling the cakes, so thank you to them. They should all be very proud of their achievements as it will mean a great deal to the Swazi community. We can’t wait to tell them the good news.
· Class 3 have been very high profile this week as they also led Lower School Assembly earlier today. They performed their versions of 'The Three Little Pigs' and 'Little Blue Riding Hood', which were very entertaining. This linked to their learning about traditional tales. Thank you for sharing Class 3.
· December has arrived and so now the children are focussed on all things wintery. They are already anticipating a visit from St. Nicolas on Wednesday. Let’s hope that he won’t be too busy to fit a visit to BEPS into his packed diary!
· On Friday, (8th December) we will be holding our popular, annual Winter Fair. This means that next week, the children will be busy preparing a wide range of hand-made items to sell, and will be eagerly awaiting the time when you will come and buy them. Please join us from 14:00 on Friday and bring your purses and wallets with you. All the money raised from this event will be donated to Nativitas, a local charity that provides food parcels and meals to people that need them. We look forward to seeing you and your family and friends.
· From Friday, you will also be able to bring in your donations of non-perishable food items to donate to Nativitas. More information about the best items to bring will be given next week.
· For some members of BEPS, the first snow of the winter was also the first snow that they had ever seen. This made it even more exciting for them. It was great to see the children playing with the snow and enjoying themselves. Please make sure that your child(ren) are dressed for the weather so that they can make the most of it. Thank you.
· Friday December 8th – Winter Fair 14:00 – 15:00
· Friday 8th – Friday 15th December - Collection of non-perishable foods for Nativitas – more information to follow
· Tuesday 12th December – Secondary School information evening 18:30 – Please register on email@example.com
· Wednesday 20th December – Winter concert 10:00
· Friday 22nd December – Monday 8th January - Winter Break (No school)
· Tuesday 9th January - School starts
Wrap up warmly and enjoy your weekend.
The Leadership Team