· Unfortunately, at the moment there is a lot of sickness around. As you have been informed, there have been cases of scarlet fever, chicken pox and other viruses across the school. At times like this we really need your support to try and reduce the germs spreading. To help us in this, please ensure that you do not send your child to school if they have a fever. If they develop a fever whilst they are at school, we will contact you and ask you to take them home. If you know that another child is unwell, please avoid letting your child go to play with them at the weekend or after school.
When they are at school we teach the children to cough or sneeze into their arm rather than into their hands or the air. Please can you reinforce this with them at home.
Similarly, the children are regularly asked to wash their hands with soap and water. They should follow the method doctors recommend: that they wash them really well, not forgetting the backs of their hands, between their fingers and under their nails. They should wash them for at least 20 seconds and then dry them on a clean towel.
We know that we cannot completely stop the germs spreading but understand that by following these guidelines it will help reduce the risk. In addition to this, we hope that the Half Term holiday will help to break the cycle. Thank you for your support and understanding.
· We are sure that you would like to join with us in welcoming two new full-time members of staff to BEPS. Ms. Puzsa, who has already been working with our Early Years children, will now also work with Class 2B and Class 4P for one day each week. As Ms. Ferrill-Jacob is unable to work for some time, Ms. Lechanteur, who has recently been appointed, will take Class 5F-J until she returns.
· Of course, the most important event of the week was on Tuesday. Student Led Conference day is always a day that the children look forward to. They love sharing their learning experiences with you, and from what we hear, you thoroughly enjoy the day too. Thank you for helping make the day such a great success.
· Class 5 went to the Ixelles Museum yesterday, to experience an exhibition called Hop! which is tailor-made for children aged between 6 and 12 and is designed to stimulate their senses. All the children thoroughly enjoyed interacting with the art pieces. We’d like to thank Valentina’s mum and Antoine’s Nanny for accompanying them.
· More visitors have been in Pre-School this week. Maja’s Mum and sister came in so that the children could see how to change a baby’s nappy. They also helped to feed her. Toma’s Mum went in and taught the children some songs in French and Spanish. It was even more exciting as she played her guitar too. Thank you to them both for giving up their time for the children.
· This afternoon we had Buddies and the children were all very happy to spend time with their friends.
· Next week further information about our new BEPS Secondary school will be shared with parents. Things are getting very exciting.
· Monday 12th – Friday 16th February - Half Term Holiday
· Thursday 22nd February – International/Mother Tongue Day
· Thursday 1st March – Book Fair
· Monday 2nd April – Friday 13th April – Easter Holiday
We hope that you all have an exciting and hopefully healthy weekend.
The Leadership Team.