· The most important news of the week is the announcement of the location of our new BEPS Secondary school. We are very happy to tell you that the address for this will be: Avenue de Bel Air, 91 in Uccle. This is great news and means that we are now even closer to the plan becoming a reality.
· Some of our older children were involved in an International School InterQuiz today We are very proud to inform you that they came second and returned triumphantly with certificates and a trophy. Congratulations to Egon, Finn, Lily, Ninel, Sara and Zoe. Well Done.
· On Monday Class 3 went on a trip to the Magritte Museum. They had a wonderful time learning all about this famous Belgian artist and looking at his work.
· The Pre-School children were also out and about as they headed off to the post box to post the letters they wrote during their Student Led Conferences.
· This afternoon, Class 6 led Upper School Assembly and told us all about Chinese New Year and how it is celebrated. We all learnt lots and enjoyed singing a song and listening to the Chinese Zodiac story. Thank you, you did a great job!
· As you know we will be celebrating International/Mother Tongue Day at BEPS on Thursday 22nd February. If you are able to come in and talk with your child’s class about a famous person from your home country, please return the slip you received, or e-mail the teacher to let them know. Thank you in advance for your support
· The following Thursday, (1st March) we will be celebrating World Book Day. In preparation for this day we would like you to take some photographs of your children doing ‘Extreme Reading’. This will be a photograph of them reading in an unusual and possibly ‘extreme’ place. We are hoping that the holiday will give some excellent opportunities for these.
· Thursday 22nd February – International/Mother Tongue Day
· Thursday 1st March – Book Fair
· Monday 2nd April – Friday 13th April – Easter Holiday
Have a great holiday, and see you all again on Monday 19th February.
The Leadership Team