· As you are all aware the roadworks have now reached our section of Avenue Franklin Roosevelt. Although we have not actually been informed, we have noticed a sign at the end of Avenue Victoria, which states that long term parking is not allowed from that end of the road up to Lycee Moliere. You can park after the Lycee Moliere, so from BEPS onwards. However, whilst we think that it is alright to park there, this should be for drop off only, as we have seen some cars have been fined. This restriction will be in place until the end of April.
· We are happy to tell you that we will receive the key for our new Secondary School building on Thursday.
· Our International/Mother Tongue Day was a great success. We would like to thank everybody that came in to talk to the children for their exciting presentations, the children thoroughly enjoyed them. In addition to this, thank you for all the delicious food that you sent in, for helping the teachers to organise their class buffets and for joining us at lunchtime. The children ate more than you could ever imagine and tried a range of new and interesting dishes.
· Celebrations continue next week with World Book Day on Thursday. On this day, we would like as many children as possible to come to school dressed as a book character. We are encouraging homemade costumes rather than shop bought ones, and so you will need to get creative over the weekend.
The Book Fair will also be in school on that day and so your child will be visiting with their class. They may like to bring in some money to spend at that time. As usual you are also welcome to come and visit the Book Fair.
We are looking forward to seeing photographs of ‘extreme reading’ taking place. You can either print and send these in, or e-mail them to your child’s teacher. It is going to be a great day and we are sure your child(ren) will have plenty to talk about at the end of it.
· On Tuesday, our Pre-School children will be going to the theatre to see the play, "Masha and the Bear". This was inspired by the Russian cartoon with the same name. They are sure to have fun.
· Thursday 1st March – Book Fair
· Monday 2nd April – Friday 13th April – Easter Holiday
· Tuesday 24th April – Parent/Teacher Consultations (more information to follow)
· Monday 30th April – Teacher INSET Day – No School
· Tuesday 1st May – Labour Day – No School
· Thursday 10th and Friday 11th May – Half Term – No School
· Monday 21st May – Whit Monday – No School
Dates for the next Academic Year (2018/2019)
· Friday 31st August – New Families Welcome Morning
· Monday 3rd September – First day of school
· Monday 29th October – Friday 2nd November – Half Term
· Friday 21st December – Friday 4th January - Winter Holiday
· Wednesday 13th February – Teacher INSET Day – No School
· Monday 4th – Friday 8th March – Half Term
· Monday 8th April – Monday 22nd April – Easter Holiday
· Wednesday 1st May – Labour Day –No School
· Thursday 30th May – No School
· Friday 31st May – Teacher INSET Day – No School
· Monday 10th June – Whit Monday – No School
· Friday 28th June – Last Day of school (half day)
We hope that you have a good weekend. Keep warm!
The Leadership Team