· We are very happy to announce that we have appointed an MYP Coordinator for our new Secondary School. He will join us in May and will organise an information evening at that time.
· The parents that visited the new Secondary School this week were very impressed with the building and the plans that we have for it.
· As we have a large amount of Lost Property we will be displaying it on the terrace all next week. Please come and have a look and collect any of your children’s belongings. Any items that are left over will be given to charity.
· Please remember that European summer time begins on Sunday. That means when you wake up on Sunday morning it will be one hour later, so don’t forget to change your clocks.
· Class 4 braved the cold on Monday and spent the morning in the woods building shelters. They enjoyed eating their lunches in them and seeing what it was like without our modern-day comforts. This was the Entry Point for their new Unit of Work – Scavengers and Settlers. Thank you to the intrepid parents that went and joined them on what was a very cold day.
· Class 7 went to visit the Pompeii Exhibition at the Bourse on Tuesday. They were very impressed with it and it was a great way to consolidate and extend their learning.
· Class 2 had a visit on Monday from Alicia Vanhamme-Meert. She works in the field of archaeology and history. The children learned about the role of an archaeologist and enjoyed a hands on demonstration, showing how they discover clues about the past.
· Class 5 were lucky enough to have a real artist in their class this week. Iris and Flora’s Mum came in to talk to them about her illustrations and to show her fabulous pop up creations. Thank you for coming and sharing your expertise with the children, they were very interested and impressed.
· The children all enjoyed Buddy Time this afternoon, please ask your child(ren) what they did with their buddies because there were plenty of exciting activities taking place across the school.
· Monday 2nd April – Friday 13th April – Easter Holiday
· Tuesday 24th April – Parent/Teacher Consultations (more information to follow)
· Monday 30th April – Teacher INSET Day – No School
· Tuesday 1st May – Labour Day – No School
· Thursday 10th and Friday 11th May – Half Term – No School
· Monday 21st May – Whit Monday – No School
Enjoy the weekend, even though it will be one hour shorter!
The Leadership Team