· This time last week we were looking forward to the Summer Fair, and we were right to because it was over the moon! We are sure that you all join with us in thanking the PTA for organising such a great event with exciting new activities and delicious food. The costumes were amazing and the children will be talking about this day for a very long time.
· It has been very quiet without the Upper School this week, but the children and their teachers have now happily returned from their Residential Trips. They all had a fabulous week either at the coast (Class 4 and 5) or Butgenbach (Class 6 and 7). The weather remained fine, the activities were great and everybody enjoyed themselves. We know there will be some tired, but happy children this evening, and no doubt they will all have plenty of stories to share. Thank you to the teachers that accompanied them, for the care and dedication they have put into the last week, and for making it a great experience for everyone. They deserve a restful weekend for sure.
· Although while they were away it was quieter in school, that doesn’t mean to say that there wasn’t any excitement. On Wednesday, our Early Years sports stars were in action. They showed their skills and entertained everyone too. They were rewarded with medals at the end of the event. Well done Early Years!
· Coming up next week will be Sports Day for Classes 2-8. This will take place on Friday 22nd June. There will be activities throughout the morning. More information will be sent to you about this early next week.
· Next week also sees the Class 7 and 8 Exhibition. The children have been working hard to research a subject that interests them and they will be sharing their learning with members of the BEPS community on Monday evening and then the rest of the school on Tuesday.
· Following that the Class 8 children are off to Mechelen on Thursday, where they will be visiting the town, climbing Sint Romboudts tower and finally paddle boarding. There may well be some wet children and possibly teachers on that day!
· On Tuesday, Class 3 are heading to Planckendael for the day, where they will be classifying animals into different groups. Please read the Class 3 weekly newsletter to find out what the children need to take.
· And finally, Class 1 will be baking next week, as on Wednesday 20th June they will be holding a special cake sale. The money raised will be sent to an association which helps save the pangolins – an animal close to extinction. This initiative is connected to their unit of work ‘Animal Rescuers’. The children are invited to bring in some money on that day so they can purchase a cake, which can be eaten as a snack. All the money they raise will be donated to the project. Please check out the posters that Class1 will be putting up around the school that explains this cause.
· Our final End of Year Assembly will take place on Friday 29th June at 11.00. Please join us if you possibly can.
· Monday 18th June – Class 7 & 8 Exhibition Evening (18.00)
· Tuesday 19th June – Class 7 & 8 Exhibition for the rest of the school (during the day)
· Friday 22nd June Class 2-8 Sports Day
· Tuesday 26th June – Talent Show (14.00)
· Thursday 28th June – End of Year Class parties (14.00)
· Friday 29th June – End of Year and Leavers Assembly (11.00)
· Friday 29th June – Break up for the Summer Holidays. School ends at 12.30
There are only two weeks of the school year left, but as you can see we have a very exciting and full week ahead!
would like to wish Happy
Eid el Fitr to our Muslim families.
Enjoy the weekend,
The Leadership Team