· Before the Half Term holiday we explained that we would like to support the people that were involved in the devastating Indonesian earthquake and tsunami in September. One of our members of staff is from Indonesia and she contacted the Embassy to enquire about a cause we could help. They suggested Consortium 12-12. As a result, we are going to hold a Cake Sale to raise money for them on Wednesday (21st November). The children in Year 4 are currently learning about Natural Disasters in IPC and so they are going to run the sale next Wednesday break time. To help it go well and to ensure we raise lots of money, please can you bake or buy and send in some cakes and cookies on Tuesday (or Wednesday morning at the latest). Thank you in advance for your support.
· The Book Fair on Tuesday was a great success and we would like to thank you for supporting this so well. As a result of the books you and the children bought we have a large box of books which will be put into the library as soon as possible. The children are already asking when it will be back again, but they have to wait until March.
· There have been many cases of head lice in school this week. Please help us to prevent this by checking your child’s hair over the weekend and washing bed clothes and cushion covers etc. until you know the lice have gone. Tying long hair up also helps to reduce the spread of lice and so everyone with long hair needs to have it tied up. Thank you.
· We would like to inform you about the opportunity to go and watch a pantomime at the beginning of 2019. ‘Robin Hood and the Babes in the Wood’ is an English performance at Auderghem Cultural Centre. It runs from Friday 18th January to Sunday 20th January.
Tickets cost €16 for Adults and €10 for Children and can be booked online at:
· Year 2 travelled through Europe yesterday, even if it was only of the mini kind! They visited ‘Mini Europe’ in conjunction with their IPC Unit on buildings. This has inspired them to design and build models of famous buildings from around the world. Now they want to go and visit the real ones, so they may have plans for your future holidays! We would like to thank the parents and grandparents that joined the children on this trip and helped to make the day great fun for everyone.
· On Monday, Year 5 will be involved in a philosophy workshop and will be talking about bullying, which the French Team have organised for them.
· We are continuing to develop emotional intelligence/mindfulness at school. As it is EQ Day on Tuesday the children will be involved in activities related to this during the afternoon. Please remember to ask your child about this when they come home.
Thursday 22nd November 18.00 – Introduction to the MYP (Middle Years Programme)
Friday 30th November – Winter Fair (14.15 – 15.15)
Wednesday 19th December – Winter Concert for Years 1 – 7 (expected to start at 10.30 a.m. time will be confirmed nearer the date)
Thursday 20th December – Last day of school (09.00 – 15.30)
Monday 7th January – Back to school
Look out those scarves and gloves for next week as over the weekend, the temperature is going to drop.
The Leadership Team