Site news

Only one more sleep until the Halloween/Firework Party!

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Only one more sleep until the Halloween/Firework Party!
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 23 October 2009, 5:57 PM

I would like to say a huge Thank you to everybody who has spent time preparing for the party today. Without all of your support we would not be ready on time. Everywhere is looking very spooky, and the maze is looking amazing!

The pumpkins were as fantastic as ever and Mr. Gellar was very impressed with all of the entries. He found it very difficult to select the winners, but after great deliberation he chose the following:

Family entries:

Max, Thomas and Camille Chassat
Capucine and Leopold Meinrath
Rodolphe and Hermine de Hemricourt de Grunne

Pre – school:

Eva Howard
Tamara Murphy
Ralph Couplan Eisenberg

Class 1:

Lucie Donck

Class 2:

Lara Andreassend
Maria Bizaki
Brodick Hall

Class 3:

Galadriel Daufrense
Simon de Launoit

Class 4:

Victoria Damiens
Geneva Kilpelainen
Louis Sauquet-Vernes
Sasha Ulmann
Maya Verhaeghe de Naeyer

Class 5:

Sam Couplan Eisenberg
Octave de la Moussaye
Esti Gil Miguel
Keani Goossens

Class 6:

Mila Tanghe

Class 7:

Claudius Bien
Maya de la Hera

Congratulations to each of the winners, but also to everybody that entered, without all of your entries we wouldn’t have had a competition. Prizes will be awarded in assembly next Friday (30th October).

In Upper School Assembly this afternoon a wide range of famous explorers who told us about their lives and their explorations visited us. It was very impressive to have such a group of people in our midst. Many of Class 5 were not present, which was a pity because I know they would have been interested in meeting them as their Unit of Work is all about Explorers and Adventurers! Great job Class 5!

I am looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow, although I am sure I wont recognise many of you. Please remember to bring your tickets, and that you wont be able to come in through the playground at any time.

Enjoy yourselves!

Mandy Porrett