· Thank you for joining our Parent/Teacher Consultations on Tuesday. We hope that you found them as useful as the teachers did.
· On the day we return to school after the Easter holiday (Tuesday 23rd April), we will be celebrating World Book Day. On that day we would like the children to come to school dressed as one of their favourite book characters. They will spend the day exploring rhyme, poems and poetry and reading and writing some of their own. There is bound to be plenty of reading happening too.
· Today was Ms. Akindele’s (the teacher of year 3A) last day for a while. She will be on maternity leave after the holidays. We are sure that you will join with us in wishing her well. We look forward to seeing the baby soon.
· Yesterday, the Easter Bunny was helped by some fantastic PTA Bunnies to organise an exciting Egg Hunt for the children in the garden. Whatever their age the children enjoyed themselves hunting for eggs and were definitely looking forward to being able to eat them when they arrived home. Thank you PTA Bunnies, you made lots of children and their teachers very happy.
· Our usual End of Term Assembly took place today. As always, the presentation of the House Cup was eagerly awaited and the air was filled with tension. This term Horta were the jubilant team, when they learnt they had earned the cup by narrowly beating Magritte. Sax and Herge were tied, and so it was the closest competition in the history of BEPS! Well done to Horta and good luck to the other teams for success in the next term.
- On Wednesday 24th April our Early Years Team are leading a presentation about Learning in the Early Years. This event for parents of children in Early Years (Pre-School and Reception) will take place in the Attic and will start at 09.15. Following the presentation you will be able to see learning in action in the children’s classes. Please join us if you possibly can.
Monday 8th – Tuesday 23rd April – Easter Holiday
Tuesday 23rd April – World Book Day – don’t forget to dress up as your favourite book character.
Tuesday 29th April – Residential Trip Meeting for Year 3 – 6 Parents
Wednesday 1st May – Labour Day – No School
Saturday 25th May – PTA Summer Fair
Wednesday 29th May – Early Years Concert (more details will follow)
Thursday 30th May and Friday 31st May – No school
Monday 10th June – No School
Tuesday 11th – Friday 14th Year 3-6 Residential Trips
Friday 28th June – Last day of School (School ends at 12.30)
But, now it’s time for the holidays. We hope you enjoy them and will look forward to seeing you all again on Tuesday 23rd April ready for some Book Day fun.
The Leadership Team