It was great to see everybody back after the Easter break. The new term started on a high note as we celebrated World Book Day on our first day back at school.
- We would just like to remind you that there will not be school on Wednesday 1stMay as it is a Bank Holiday.
- Your child will have brought home some information about ordering baskets of local organic fruit and vegetables, which will be delivered to BEPS each Tuesday. Please look out for this in their Blue Bags. This venture has been introduced by the PTA and a proportion of the sales will go towards funding some school projects.
- It was amazing to see so many different book characters in the playground before school on Tuesday. As the sun was shining the children were able to show their impressive costumes to each other in the garden in the first assembly of the term. Everybody in the school spent the rest of the day enjoying poems and poetry, and even had a go at writing some of their own. In the afternoon, we shared our achievements with each other in another assembly and they were impressive. There are certainly some budding poets at BEPS.
- On Tuesday our Early Years stole the limelight. Following a very informative and interesting presentation, parents had the opportunity to see their children in action and learning in their classroom or outside. The event was enjoyed by everyone and there were plenty of questions and positive comments. Thank you for attending and thank you to everybody that was involved in the organisation and running of this important event.
- Next Tuesday, (30thApril) Years 3 – 6 will be holding information meetings about their forthcoming Residential Trips. The meetings will start at 18.00 and are important as you will be informed about where the children will be going, what they will need and what they will be doing. Please attend if you can.
- On Thursday, Year 3 will be out of school for the day. They are going to visit ‘Archeosite et Musee d’Aubechies-Beloil’ as part of their learning about Scavengers and Settlers. We are sure they will come back with plenty of new knowledge and will have asked many questions. Let’s hope the sun shines for them.
Tuesday 30thApril – Residential Trip Meeting for Year 3 – 6 Parents
Wednesday 1stMay – Labour Day – No School
Saturday 25thMay – PTA Summer Fair
Wednesday 29thMay – Early Years Concert (more details will follow)
Thursday 30thMay and Friday 31stMay – No school
Monday 10thJune – No School
Tuesday 11th– Friday 14thYear 3-6 Residential Trips
Friday 28thJune – Last day of School (School ends at 12.30)
Have an enjoyable weekend.
The Leadership Team