- In terms of sporting achievements, this week has been impressive. On Tuesday Years 5 and 6 were involved in a mini International School football and netball tournament. Our two BEPS teams were amazing; with the football team coming second after a penalty shootout, and our netball team coming first. Well done to everybody that participated in this event.
- As you know today was Sports Day for Years 1 – 6. The weather was perfect and the children enjoyed taking part in a range of twelve different activities during the morning and two relay races in the afternoon. The atmosphere was full of fun and enthusiasm, with just a hint of competition thrown in. It was great to see so many parents joining us throughout the day to add to the spirit of the occasion. Although the day was for fun the Sports Day Cup was also in everybody’s minds. After a full day, Magritte were announced the winners, and blue was certainly the colour of BEPS! The other teams were not very far behind and they should be proud of themselves too.
- The Book Fair was in School on Tuesday and we were able to select a record number of books for the library at the end of the day. As always, the children were very keen to buy books and choices were very difficult as there were so many great ones to choose from. Thank you for supporting the Book Fair it will return in the Autumn Term.
- Yesterday, Year 1 went to Train World and had a fabulous time investigating trains. We are sure they will be their chosen form of transport for a while. Thank you to the parents that joined them on their trip, we hope you had some fun too!
- On Tuesday (25thJune) some of our talented children will be sharing their skills with us in our annual BEPS Talent Show. This will take place in the garden, and if the weather is fine we hope that you will be able to come and join us. It will start at 14.00, so please don’t be late.
- On Thursday morning the children will have the excitement of meeting their teachers for the next academic year and seeing where their new classrooms will be. In the afternoon they will have their End of Year class parties and so please send in some food for them to share. Thank you.
- That will bring us around to Friday and the last day of the year. Our final assembly will take place at 11.00 and we hope that you will be able to join us, to celebrate the year we have shared together, and to say farewell to those that will be leaving us. Reports will also be handed out on Friday. You will have to collect these at the end of the day from your child’s teacher.
Tuesday 25thJune – Talent Show (14.00 – 15.00)
Thursday 27thJune – End of year Class parties
Friday 28thJune – End of year Assembly
By this time next week, school will be over for the summer and the BEPS community will be spreading their wings and heading off across the world for a well deserved break. Before that enjoy the sunny weekend and watch out for the hotter week ahead!
The Leadership Team