Thank you to everybody that attended the Welcome Picnic last Saturday. It was great to see so many families there and to have the opportunity to meet and to get to know each other better. We shared some fantastic food and the sunny weather also added to the fun.
On Monday morning the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) held their first coffee morning of the year. Thank you to all the parents who attended. It was an ideal moment to meet members of the PTA and to catch up with other parents over a tea/coffee and croissants.
Year 2 led the Lower School Assembly this week. They enjoyed role-playing the Personal Goals and showed they have a good understanding of them.
- Please check your e-mails on Monday as class
teachers will be sending the online form to register for Parent/teacher
- Your eldest child will bring home an important letter in their Blue Bag on Monday. This will be about BEPS’ involvement in the Relay for Life (Relais pour la Vie) in memory of our colleague Susan Heron. This is an event to raise money for the Foundation against Cancer campaign (Fondation contre le Cancer). Our BEPS team will run or walk around a track for 24 hours in a relay. The 24 hours are a symbol of the constant battle patients and their families must endure in the fight against the disease. Relay For Life is not a competition, but a gathering of communities united in the fight against cancer. Therefore, we would like to invite parents and children to join us. This will take place from 15.00 on Saturday 12th October until 15.00 on Sunday 13th October at the ULB Campus (just opposite BEPS). You can find out more about the event at https://www.relayforlife.be/ Please read the letter you receive carefully to see how you and the children can support us. It is an exciting opportunity to raise awareness and to show how united the BEPS community is. Any support you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- The photographer will be in school on Friday 27th September. There will be no PE lessons at the gym on that day. Each child will have an individual photograph taken and for families, there will be photographs taken with siblings.
- It will be ‘car free’ day in Brussels this Sunday (22nd September). From 09.30 until 19.00 car traffic is not allowed in the Brussels Region, including the City of Brussels. You will be able to enjoy going out and about on your bicycles, rollerblades and skateboards etc.
- Whilst celebrations are an important part of BEPS life, learning is at the forefront. Your child may wish to celebrate their birthday with their friends at school. If this involves a simple cake we are happy to help by sharing the cake between their classmates. Cupcakes make our lives easier. Please don’t send in any additional items, such as drinks or goodie bags as we will not be able to distribute them. Thank you for your support.
- The children have been settling in and getting used to the school routines over the last three weeks. The playground is a very busy place first thing in the morning with children of all ages arriving and playing in the same area. Therefore, the children are asked not to run around the playground, but can walk at a quick pace, to ensure the safety of all. Also at 08.50 when the first whistle blows the children should stop what they are doing and freeze. On the second whistle the children should collect their belongings and walk quietly into school (Upper School) or line up in the playground (Reception and Lower School). Please support us by reminding your child(ren) of this procedure.
School Photographer: Friday 27th September
Relay for Life: 12th/13th October
World Maths Day: Tuesday 15th October
Parent/Teacher Consultations: Tuesday 15th October
Halloween Party: Saturday 19th October (more information will follow)
Book Fair Tuesday 22nd October
Half Term Holiday: Monday 28th October – Friday 1st November
Enjoy the sunny weekend.
The Leadership Team