- We are very happy to inform you that we have a new Year 3 teacher joining us on Monday. Mr. Holland will be joining us from the UK. After retraining as a teacher, he taught in a school in Bolton in Greater Manchester, where many of the children were learning English as an Additional Language. He has also taught in Germany and lived in several different countries across the world. We are sure that you will join with us in welcoming him to BEPS.
- Please remember to sign up for Parent/Teacher Consultation meetings if you haven’t already done so. We would like to remind you that there won’t be clubs on that day, and that Garderie will only be available for regular, enrolled children.
- You should have received an invitation to, and information about, the BEPS Halloween Party in your child’s Blue Bag. It is important to respond to this quickly to allow the PTA to make the necessary preparations. Of course, they also need your help to ensure the event runs smoothly and so please complete the volunteer reply forms too. It is always a great event, and for those of you that are new to BEPS, one that many people come back for on a yearly basis, so try and make it if you can.
- Our Relay for Life Team is very grateful for all the support they have already received. It isn’t too late to sign up, so if you think you can join us, please do so at https://www.relayforlife.be/teams/beps-international-school-1 If you will not be able to attend, you can still help us by bringing in some tasty food for us to sell during the event. This will help us to raise even more money for the Foundation against Cancer campaign (Fondation contre le Cancer). As you know the event will take place next Saturday and Sunday (12th and 13th October) and we would love to have a wide range of international food to sell. You can bring items into school on Friday, either before or after school, or over to our stand at the ULB Campus (just opposite BEPS) from 15.00 on the Saturday. You won’t be able to miss us as we will be flying a BEPS flag. Thank you in advance for your donations.
- The BEPS PTA will be holding their Annual General Meeting on Monday 7th October at 16.00. This is an important meeting and will give you the opportunity to find out how they work and what they achieve. If you are interested in becoming a member of the committee now is your chance!
- Since the beginning of the year the children have been thinking about our Golden Rule – ‘We are good friends’. Certificates were awarded to those that had really demonstrated this and they should be proud of themselves, just as we are. The next Golden Rule we will be emphasising is ‘We are careful and safe’.
- As we explained last week, any unclaimed lost property will be sent to charity at the end of each month. Please check before this happens as all unnamed items will be donated at the end of next week. Thank you.
PTA Annual General Meeting: Monday 7th October at 16.00
Relay for Life: 12th/13th October
World Maths Day: Tuesday 15th October
Parent/Teacher Consultations: Tuesday 15th October
Halloween Party: Saturday 19th October 16.00 – 19.00
Book Fair Tuesday 22nd October
Half Term Holiday: Monday 28th October – Friday 1st November
It’s been a pretty wet week, but as you know that doesn’t prevent us from getting out and about and learning. We just hope that next week we have some sunshine again.
We hope that you all have a lovely weekend and we particularly send good wishes to those of you who celebrated Rosh Hashanah at the beginning of the week.
The Leadership Team