- You should have found information about how to order your child’s school photograph(s) in their Blue Bag this afternoon. Orders must be made on-line before Friday 8thNovember.
- Unfortunately, for health reasons, Riccardo will not be able to be with us in the mornings. However, we are sure that you will join with us in welcoming Yuri in his place. He may be here from Monday morning, however, if he is not, Dominique will continue to stand at the front of school until he arrives.
- We would like to say a huge thank you to everyone that so generously supported our Relay for Life team last weekend. At present we have raised the grand total of 2,834€ and there are still donations arriving. It was a great weekend that showed what the community spirit of BEPS can achieve. We’ll be back next year.
- Thank you to everybody that attended our Parent/Teacher Consultations on Tuesday. We hope that you found these as useful as the teachers do. If you were unable to attend, please arrange an appointment time with your child’s teacher as soon as possible.
- On Thursday we celebrated World Maths Day at BEPS. This meant that the children spent the whole day immersed in Maths activities. Everyone from Pre-School to Year 6 investigated the concept of time. This ranged from sequencing events and talking about the seasons, to 24 hour clocks and Roman numerals. Pizzas were also made and delivered! It was a fantastic day, and the children’s understanding of time really developed too.
- This morning, the Year 3 children participated in their Water Walk. This was to give them the opportunity to experience how hard it is for children that have to walk to collect water on a daily basis. They were sponsored by their friends and family to raise money for Water Aid - a charity that is determined to make clean water, reliable toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone. It was not an easy walk but they made it. Thank you to the parents that came to support them. We will let you know how much they raised next week.
- Next Tuesday (22ndOctober) the Book Fair will be in school. For those of you that are new to BEPS, this happens three times each year. The children have the opportunity to visit the Book Fair with their teacher and to buy a book if they would like to. You should have received information about this in the Blue Bags along with an envelope to send their money in. You are also welcome to visit the fair during the day. As we can purchase books from a percentage of the sales made it is a great way of adding new books to our library. It takes place in 3H which is on the ground floor.
- Year 6 will be heading to Technopolis next Thursday. This is linked to their Unit of Work.
- You will have seen that the PTA volunteers have already been very busy preparing for tomorrow’s Halloween Party. As you know the fun is between 16.00 and 19.00. Please remember that the entrance will be at the back of school on Avenue Victoria. If you have volunteered to help, please don’t forget. Thank you.
Halloween Party: Saturday 19th October (16.00 – 19.00)
Book Fair Tuesday 22nd October
Half Term Holiday: Monday 28th October – Friday 1st November
No School (Armistice Day) – Monday 11thNovember
No School (INSET Day for teachers) – Tuesday 12thNovember
Change of date
Winter Fair – Tuesday 17thDecember (14.00 – 15.00)
We are looking forward to seeing you all at the Halloween Party tomorrow. Remember to get those costumes ready and to be prepared for some spooky fun.
The Leadership Team