- Please can you help us by ensuring that your child doesn’t bring any toys into school unless they have been asked to, to support their learning.
- The gate at the back of school into the playground can be activated by your tag from 15.20 (12.20 on a Wednesday). However, if you see that the Early Years children are still in the playground, please can you wait until they have returned to their classrooms before you enter. This helps the teachers to complete their end of the day routines quickly and efficiently. Thank you.
- The PTA will be holding a meeting in school on Monday (2ndDecember) at 09.00. It will take place in Year 3T’s classroom on the landing as soon as the children have left for their swimming lessons. Join us if you can.
- Thank you for your continued support with checking your child’s hair for head lice. As it is the weekend, please do this again before the children return to school on Monday.
- If you were in the playground on Monday morning you may have noticed some famous faces. In case you didn’t realise these were really our Year 2 children getting ready for the Entry Point for their new Unit of Work ‘People of the Past’! They ranged from Neil Armstrong and Frida Kahlo to Charlie Chaplin and Cleopatra. The children enjoyed listening to facts about their lives and trying to guess who they were. Now they are ready to learn lots more.
- We would like to thank Zacharias’ Dad who went to talk to the Pre-School children about Thanksgiving, earlier this week. He also read the story ‘Curious George at Thanksgiving’ and made a delicious traditional Thanksgiving dish with sweet potatoes and marshmallows. The children really enjoyed themselves.
- Year 1 celebrated the end of their Unit of Work about ocean treasures with their parents yesterday. They sang them some ocean songs and shared some ocean based activities in their classrooms. Everybody had great fun and the children showed how much they’d learnt. Today they shared their learning with Year 2 in assembly.
- Next week it will be Year 4s turn to show their understanding of Natural Disasters to their parents.
- We are sorry to inform you that the Life and Parent Coach Presentation/Workshop planned for Tuesday 3rdDecember will not run. However, anybody that is still interested in learning more about this can contact Renata Cikanaitė (email@example.com) to arrange to meet with her.
Monday 2ndDecember PTA Meeting (09.00 a.m)
Monday 16thDecember PTA Coffee Morning
Tuesday 17thDecember (14.00 – 15.00) – Winter Fair
Monday 23rdDecember – Friday 3rdJanuary – Winter Holidays (No School)
Monday 6thJanuary – School starts again.
We would like to send good wishes to all our families that celebrated Thanksgiving yesterday, and hope that everybody has a great weekend.
The Leadership Team