- You will have received emails which allow you to sign up for next term’s after school clubs and hot lunches online. Please make sure that you do this as soon as possible. Some clubs are already full and others are filling up fast. When enrolling your child(ren) for clubs you need to click on the information within the e-mail. Clicking on the day of the week will allow you to see the clubs that are still available on that day. Please do not send messages to Dominique saying which clubs you would like your children to attend. Thank you.
- The Christmas tree is now in the entrance hall waiting to be decorated. This year, we would like the children to bring in a gift/present decoration to hang on it. These can be home made or bought, but shouldn’t be too large. As we have lots of children, please limit it to one decoration per child. If you would like to have it returned to you, please label it with your child’s name. We look forward to seeing the tree decorated next week.
- Next week, we will start our annual food collection for Nativitas. The food items we collect will be used to support those less fortunate than ourselves over the festive period. They will be placed under the Christmas tree whilst we are collecting them. You will receive more information about this via your child’s Blue Bag.
- We are sure that by now your child(ren) will have told you that we had a special visitor in school today. St. Nicolas dropped by and brought goodies for each child and a book for each class too. He shared two stars and a wish for each class, so maybe your child will be able to tell you what these were for their class. We are sure that you will join with us in thanking him for his visit and to all of his helpers for making it such a special day.
- The Year 4’s held their Exit Point on Tuesday afternoon. They shared their knowledge and understanding of all that they had learnt during their Unit of Work ‘The Active Planet’. They had designed and made posters, games and information to show their parents and even demonstrated a volcanic explosion. Everybody enjoyed the range of activities on offer and learnt lots.
- We would like to thank Manon’s Dad for coming into Pre-School this morning to talk with them about St. Nicolas. They listened to a song in French and then headed over to the main school to meet the man himself.
- It was a perfect end to an exciting day as this afternoon the children joined their buddies for ‘Buddy Time’. The Years 5 and 6 taught the Reception children how to use the bee bots and there was plenty of learning and fun happening.
- If you would like to order some fruit, vegetables or other products for your festive meals, Le Potager du Soleil is taking orders up until Sunday 8thDecember. It is still possible to order items after this date but some products may no longer be available. You can place your order at www.lepotagerdusoleil.comThey will also be selling produce at our neighbours, the Lycée Molière, on Friday 20th December between 12h00 and 16h00.
Monday 16thDecember PTA Coffee Morning
Tuesday 17thDecember (14.00 – 15.00) – Winter Fair
Monday 23rdDecember – Friday 3rdJanuary – Winter Holidays (No School)
Monday 6thJanuary – School starts again
Tuesday 28thJanuary – Student Led Conferences – children only need to be in school at their appointment time
Wednesday 12thFebruary – Winter Concert
We hope that everybody celebrating St. Nicolas enjoys their time with their families and friends.
It’s hard to believe that there are only two weeks of school left before the Winter Holiday, we still have plenty to do and so have a restful weekend if you can.
The Leadership Team