- Our Christmas tree is looking beautiful with all the present/gift decorations that are hanging from the branches. There is still space for a few more and so children can continue to bring them in on Monday.
- Thank you to everybody that has donated food for Nativitas. The collection under the tree is growing daily. If you haven’t already donated you can still do so next week. It will be delivered to them on Thursday morning.
- Please remember that our Winter Fair will take place on Tuesday (17thDecember) from 14.00 – 15.00. The children are busy preparing creative items to sell to you. These range from slime to festive decorations. The French Team will be happy to receive more items for their White Elephant stall, so please continue to send in books, second hand toys and games and other items (not clothes) that are in good condition. All of the money we raise from the Winter Fair will be donated to Nativitas. The back and front gates will both be open for you to access the school on Tuesday from 14.00. Once you are in the school grounds, please use the terrace door to come into school rather than ringing at the front door. Pre-School children will only be able to visit the Winter Fair if a parent accompanies them, so please collect your child from Pre-School when you arrive. Thank you all for your support.
- A student will join Class 3T on Wednesday and Thursday of next week. She is coming to observe and find out what being a teacher involves.
- This weekend is the last chance for you to sign up for Hot Lunches and Clubs. If you haven’t already done so, you must do this by Monday.
- We have had some cases of head lice this week, so please keep checking your child’s hair before they come back to school after the weekend. Thank you.
- The Reception children had a great time at Technopolis on Monday. One of the highlights of their visit was printing some money with their face on it. Thank you to Théodore’s Dad for accompanying them.
- It has been great to have other parents and relatives in school this week too. Athina’s Grandad came to introduce Year 6 to their learning about the Ancient Greeks and on Thursday, Félicie’s mum came in to share information about a Swiss celebration: L ‘Escalade with the Reception children. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and time with our children.
- Class 5T led Upper School assembly this afternoon. They shared their knowledge about poetry, area, perimeter and volume as well as reading some poems and showing art work that expressed their feelings about Belgium. They finished the assembly by demonstrating their ability to learn and recite a poem. They gave an excellent rendition of 'Daffodils' by William Wordsworth. Well done to them all.
- Today, children were awarded Golden Certificates for the rule ‘We care for our planet’. It is great to see that we have such an aware and planet friendly group of children in our school. Congratulations to all of the recipients. We will now be thinking about the golden rule ‘We work hard’.
- Please join us on Monday for the PTA’s monthly coffee morning. Read the attached flier to find out more.
Monday 16thDecember PTA Coffee Morning – 09.00 – 10.00
Tuesday 17thDecember (14.00 – 15.00) – Winter Fair
Monday 23rdDecember – Friday 3rdJanuary – Winter Holidays (No School)
Monday 6thJanuary – School starts again
Tuesday 28thJanuary – Student Led Conferences – children only need to be in school at their appointment time
Wednesday 12thFebruary – Winter Concert
We hope that you all have a relaxing weekend and that the children will return enthusiastically for the last week of the term.
The Leadership Team