- The Year 1 – 6 children and their teachers have been working incredibly hard in preparation for the Winter Concert and are excitedly awaiting the big day. Please remember to bring your tickets with you on Wednesday and make sure that you are there by 10.30 so you don’t miss the start of the performance. At the end of the performance we would like the audience to join with children to sing the song ‘Celebration’. The lyrics to this are attached so that you can practise together at home before Wednesday.
- The PTA would like to invite you to their monthly coffee morning on Monday (10thFebruary). This will take place at 09.15 in Year 3H, on the ground floor. Please join us if you can.
- Earlier this week, you should have received a letter about our International/Mother Tongue day, which is going to take place on Thursday 20thFebruary. We would like to thank those of you that have already volunteered to come and share a game from your home country with a group of children. If you haven’t already returned your form but would be happy to come in and help, please send it in on Monday. Thank you.
- This afternoon, Year 5N led Upper School assembly. They shared their knowledge about the Mayans and gave us the opportunity to answer some subtraction calculations using Mayan numbers. They also showed us how BEPS may have been written using Mayan script or glyphs. They are certainly becoming very knowledgeable in this area. Well Done!
- Students in our Secondary School are exploring Shakespeare in their Language and Literature classes this month. They have been examining the historical context of his work and debating its relevance to 21st Century students. This was all brought together in a full day of improvisation and performance with the Playtime Theatre Company from the UK. They used and reworked scripts and scenes to write a play of their own. To complete the Shakespearean day everybody went to watchMr.Gill perform in Much Ado About Nothing.
Wednesday 12thFebruary 10.30 – Winter Concert (Years 1 – 6)
Thursday 20thFebruary – International Mother Tongue Day
Monday 24th– Friday 28thFebruary - Half Term Holiday
Monday 2ndMarch – INSET Day (No School)
Tuesday 10thMarch – Early Years Open Day (More information to follow)
Tuesday 17thMarch – Book Fair
we are looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday at the Winter Concert. Have a good weekend.
The Leadership Team