Site news

Two great BEPS events, the Summer Fair and the Class 7H Exhibition

Picture of Mandy Porrett
Two great BEPS events, the Summer Fair and the Class 7H Exhibition
by Mandy Porrett - Friday, 4 June 2010, 3:48 PM

It was great to see so many of you at the Summer Fair last Saturday. We were very lucky that the rain stayed away as long as it did, and we were able to enjoy ourselves for so long.
I am sure that you would like to join with me in thanking the PTA for making the event so successful. Without them, events like this would not be possible. Also thank you to all of you who supported the event in so many different ways. It was a fine example of the BEPS community working together and enjoying each other’s company.
I am sure you will be excited to hear that at present the total raised is a fantastic sum of 3,500Euros.
There will be a PTA meeting on Monday 14th June, at which the Summer Fair will be discussed. Please join us if you have any comments on this. Thank you.

You may have been aware that the Class 7 Exhibition took place yesterday. The children and Ms. Higueras have been working very hard over the past six weeks to prepare for this event. Please take the time to come and see their work, their displays will be up until the end of the year.

The children are very knowledgeable about their subject areas, so please ask them questions when you see them, and they will be more than happy to answer them. I would like to take the opportunity to thank everybody that came to the Exhibition last evening, it was a huge success and the children demonstrated their learning confidently and enthusiastically. We were all very proud of them, and they should be very proud of themselves too. I am sure that they will all do very well wherever they go when they leave BEPS at the end of the month.

Today they have been showing the rest of the school their work. It is great to hear them explaining everything to the younger children, but also hearing the brilliant questions that the other children ask them.

Next week the class 4s will be on their residential trip. They are going to ‘Flipper’ in De Panne for the week. Let’s hope that the sun will still be with them! I know that they are all very excited and have been asking lots of questions about it. I will be visiting them on Tuesday, and so won’t be in school on that day.

The next task is reports! All teachers are very busy assessing children and report writing at the moment, we make sure that they don’t have time to get bored!

Lastly, but very importantly we are all very happy to have Oscar back with us again. Everybody has missed him greatly – welcome back!

Next week we will take a look at all the other things that have been happening around the school. But until then, have a restful and enjoyable weekend.

Best Wishes

Mandy Porrett